Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tucson or Bust!

We FINALLY received word where Danny's job will take us first: Tucson, AZ! This is what we'd hoped for and feel so blessed it has worked out this way. So here's the deal with Danny's job, in case people are a little hazy. Danny will graduate on May 10th from ASU with an MBA in Supply Chain Management. He was hired by Raytheon - to begin work upon graduation - last November after internshipping with them last summer in Dallas. (go to http://www.wikipedia.org/ and search "Raytheon" if you should feel so inclined to learn more about the company). They offered him a full-time position in their prestigious Leadership Development Program, an opportunity not many graduates get. It's a rotational program. This means essentially that he'll get to try three different types of jobs within the supply chain field at three different business units in a two year period. If you do the math, you see we'll move every eight months during these next two years. Crazy, I know. At the end of the two years, after they've mentored, trained, and developed him into a skilled leader (hence, the Leadership Development Progam) he'll be up for grabs within the company (they say he'll be a really hot comodity by then) and we'll move one last time to another business unit where his permanent job will be. For now, we're just so glad to finally know where we're going. Exciting, exciting!

11 comments:

Colette Goodman said...

I'm glad it's not to far, I'll still get to see you... oh wait, I never see you now and we live in the same city.
Congrats Danny! That is way exciting. We will have to plan a day down there when Natalie is here.

Erica Hanks said...

Yay that it's Tucson first! You can wean yourself away from all your family slowly! And maybe we'll get to see you?

Congrats! I'm glad it's working out the way you wanted!

Team Covey said...

Congratulations! Way to go, Dixon Fam. You will be the brown box warrior but you'll be rewarded with permanency after the suffering. Seriously, way to go.

Melissa Grow said...

Yea! That's exciting that you will for sure stay at least fairly close. It would be really fun to hang out before you leave. We love game night too. You can email me at melissafgrow@gmail.com and we'll set something up. Talk to you soon!

Jan said...

Congrats guys! Let the fun adventures begin! This blog will come in handy so you can document all the cool places you'll be going to! Best of luck!

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

Wow, you have been busy with the blogs this month! Its been great to have some updates on the Dixons. I was kind of hoping they'd send you to LA since there is a Ratheon building here, but oh well, maybe next move! Congrats on getting to stay in AZ for a little longer.

Becky said...

Congrats!! My husband used to fly an Airplane made by Raytheon. When we lived in Arkansas we lived by one of their plants. And Tucson isn't so far from family that it would be hard to see them. That's so great! Congrats again!

Byron said...

I'm really happy you guys are happy, but it's kind of lame you guys will be doing your AZ stint when we are still gone, then off somewhere far when we are heading back that way. Not good planning! (Ok, I get it now, it was exactly how you planned, RUDE!) Really, it is super exciting for you, way to go Danny!

Meghann said...

Danny is a gem. I am so NOT surprised that Raytheon values him. Can you believe that I have NEVER even been to Tucson, yet I was raised in Mesa? I'm so mad at myself for never having visited. You'll have to let me know all about it!

The Jones Fam said...

We always knew Danny was a "HOT commodity"! That's awesome- what an opportunity! We'll have to get together in June when I'm in Tucson too... maybe share a dish at Carrabbas??? Fun times.

Jake

Broadbent Family said...

Hooray for Tuscon! Hopefully I will be able to see you this summer now. I can't believe that Dallin is already one. He is such a cutie. And those best eyes at Mountain View are just as hot as they were ten years ago.