Friday, April 4, 2008

Dallin's 1st Birthday!

We celebrated Dallin's birthday tonight with a big family birthday party. My sister, Jennifer, was nice enough to have it at her house since it's a much bigger place than ours. We had aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents from both sides there to celebrate with us. We barbecued hot dogs, and had baked beans, chips, fruit, veggies, pasta salad, and of course cake and ice cream. It was a great party and I think Dallin had a good time, though he didn't really understand all the hoopla was for him.



The birthday boy waiting patiently for his dinner.




Fun times!



Dallin's first time eating a hot dog. He loved it and ate a huge dinner.



Dallin was mesmerized by the flame.



It was Dallin's first time eating cake. He didn't dig in at all at first. He just pinched off minescule crumbs for the longest time. It was pretty funny.


He finally got down to business and took some big bites.




He even got a little messy.



Posing like a pro.



Opening presents.




He got lots of fun presents from everybody and it made a huge mess!



Even with all his new toys lying around, he liked the balloon best.



Happy birthday, sweet Dallin Boy! We love you!



These are some of the professional photos taken on his birthday. So cute!!









11 comments:

Benjamin said...

Cute little guy! I'm sure he enjoyed his birthday to the fullest. Who wouldn't with birthday hats, wrapping paper, and cake?

Erica Hanks said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Dallin! I can't believe it's already been a year!

Colette Goodman said...

I can't believe that he is already 1. It goes by so fast. I'm glad to see that you brought your highchair to jennifer's house.

Byron said...

Happy birthday little orange one! Those pictures are wonderful, I am so jealous of Brian's camera or the fact that he doesn't live by me so he can take pictures of my kids. I'm glad it was a fun day. Cute shirt by the way... (I commented on your older posts too cause I'm slow!)

Meghann said...

Oh my preciousness!!! That last picture of Dallin, with those teeth sticking up- I'm at a loss for words. He is such a doll!

Katie said...

I love his posing picture! What a cute smile.

Jan said...

Happy Birthday Dallin! It's amazing how one year sneaks up on you! Love the posing picture too!

Team Covey said...

What a handsome boy! Cute party pics. I can't wait for all of our kids to play together. Family cruise 2010 anyone?

Megs said...

I can't believe how big he is. I love his cute face. Looks like it was quite a party. Did you wear your birthday tube top??

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

Happy Birthday! Wow, they grow up so fast!!!

The Jones Fam said...

Happy Birthday Dallin! So fun! Amy, your hair is getting so long! My Amy told me the other day that she wanted to cut her hair REALLY short. I told her that I ALWAYS had short hair when I was her age and ALWAYS wanted long, pretty hair like my cousin BIG Amy. That satisfied her. Congrats on Tucson too! We'll have to get together when Jake is there.
Nat