Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Emily!

Emily turned the big 3 on the 26th while we were at the beach. We had a fun lunch-time celebration with the main attraction (besides Emily herself) being the much-anticipated "horsey cake" my mom made. Emily had known about it for months and couldn't wait to see it. It turned out perfectly and she loved it. She also got lots of gifts and had a good time opening them. Thank you, Mom and family, for making it such a special day for Emily!


Opening presents





She LOVES the "furry blanket" from Grandma



More presents


She was thrilled to receive a Cinderella figurine set. We found it at Disneyland and thought it would be a huge hit.




Emily LOVES stuffed animals and was in heaven when she got this rattley elephant.



The cake: Jr. Mint eyes and nose, licorice string eyelashes, Bubble Tape eyelid and mane. It was awesome!

With Grandma and her amazing creation.



Cutting the cake.




Yummy cake!


Happy birthday, Emily! We love you!


I couldn't help but post these last pictures. It's crazy what dramatic changes happen in just three years.



Emily's actual birth-day - 06/26/05 @ 10:12 a.m.




Her 1st birthday.




Her 2nd birthday.




Her 3rd birthday - 06/26/08


8 comments:

Mandi said...

I can't believe that sweet little, used to be chubbiest cheeked little girl in the world is 3! What fun! I am so glad that she had a fun day. Nicholas is turning 5 on Wednesday and it's so crazy, sad and fun to watch them get so big. We are way jealous that you got to go to Disneyland! How cool is that. I won't tell the boys. I hope life in the Dixon world is going wonderful. We miss you!

Erica Hanks said...

Happy Birthday to Sweet Emily! Ohhh...I just love that girl! Give her a big hug for me!

My mom used to make awesome cakes like that on our birthday. It's so sad to cut into them! lol

Byron said...

I loved being there and now seeing the pictures of the bday girl. She was so cute and true to the reactions in the pictures. She loved the elephant and blanket and was trying to hard to smile big for the other things. I love that you posted her past birthdays... so cute to see the progression. What a doll. I wish I could have a video of her talking to me and seeing her mouth work. She is a riot!!!!

The Jones Fam said...

How fun to have your Birthday at the beach! And a REALLY cool cake! Caleb was looking at the pics with me and said "Oh, that is really good!"
It makes me happy that Capistrano Beach traditions are living on through the next generation! Your mom is amazing! It looks so fun!
-Nat

Meghann said...

She is so dang cute! I'm having the hardest time deciding who she looks more like, you or Danny. She is precious.

Jan said...

Happy Birthday Emily!! She's such a pretty 3 year old and it looked like a very fun birthday. Needless to say, I am a little behind on my blogging since I had a certain child's birthday on that day too but have not posted yet... coming soon. And Disneyland looked great! It's such a wonderful place to go with kids!

Colette Goodman said...

Happy Birthday Emily!! Still can't believe she is 3. Hallee turns 4 next week when we are at the beach with Cooper's family. We are taking her to Disneyland. She has NO idea. We are just going to wake her up and go. And the best part, Taylor gets to stay with Grandma for the day. If you have any tips please share.
Hey, Your mom wants to be invited to see my blog, but I don't have her email. Can you give her mine or give me her's so I can add her?

Cristen said...

HI, Emily and Dallin have both grown so much! I can't believe how fast they change. Luke is coming up on his 1st birthday. Where does the time go?