Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Snip, Snip, Snip!

We gave Dallin Boy his very first haircut last Saturday, which was long overdue! I took advantage of having my mom around to coach me since I'm completely inexperienced in this area. Dallin did great and hardly noticed what was happening. He just moved his little head a lot, which made it tricky. Later that evening my brother, Brian, showed me how to cut Danny's hair. Mom Dixon has been kind enough to do it up until now, but since we've moved we have to look at other options. Danny and I think it's obscene to pay $15 to get his hair cut, so we thought I could give it a try. I feel it's a great thing for me to learn how to do, but it was pretty stressful for me and a lot of pressure. Danny, of course, was a good sport during the whole thing, especially since it took FOREVER. Seriously, we're going to have to block out a two-hour window next time! In the end, both he and Brian said I did a good job, but we'll see how it goes next time when I'm on my own. I'm kind of dreading it, honestly!






Before & After

11 comments:

emily said...

I know the post is about Dallin and haircuts, but I love your shirt, Amy. Where is it from!? I love it.

Amy said...

To Emily: Thanks! I got it at Forever 21 on sale for dirt cheap. If you shop there, check the tags for care of the shirts. They are high maintenance (hand wash or dry clean only). I bought several shirts there one time without checking the tags, and it's pretty annoying. But they do have cute shirts and good sales.

Colette Goodman said...

Haircuts look great. We don't pay for Cooper to get his hair cut. He cuts it himself. And it actually looks really good. I use to cut it when we were 1st married, but I gave him a bald spot once and he won't let me cut it anymore. I just clean up the back when he's done.
Hope you can come to the party Friday night. It will be so much fun.

Erica Hanks said...

You rock girlie! It turned out great! I have cut (clipped) Dave's hair a couple of time. It doesn't turn out so great, but he's not picky. A little gel can hide a multitude of sins! LOL

Bethany and Cameron said...

My mom taught me how to cut Cameron's hair--it gets easier! And quicker! I promise! It is very nervewracking in the beginning though!!

Byron said...

Cute picts of the 1st cut. I love his little belly. I think it looks extra big because he is so skinny. It has taken me YEARS to get fast at cutting Byron's hair. It used to be so painful and was one of the few sources of contention in our amazing love life. We both just got really good at practicing patience (Byron truly excels in that area...) Good luck. Great clips for $10 or random coupon places might be my recommendation. Why start now??? Save your marriage! Just kidding. Good luck.

Jill Freestone said...

amen to Michelle's comment! I've been cutting my family's hair too - and it can be stressful - so sometimes I do it and sometimes I don't! I do it in front of the tv, sometimes with a sucker and just vacuum up the hair on the carpet! Kenny gave up on my perfectionistic haircuts long ago and does it himself.

Sorry I haven't commented before, usually just barely time to actually peek, but love to see pictures of your family and "kindof" keep up.

Melissa Grow said...

That's so cute... how are you liking Tucson? It's too bad we couldn't get together before you left, but we hardly have any extra time either. It's fun to keep in touch like this anyway!

Jan said...

Great job on the haircuts! You're very brave. I don't try to cut the boys' hair except for buzzes. But, only because they won't sit still. Dallin seemed to do pretty good! What a cutie!

Brittney Smith said...

You go girl! Cody does all the haircuts in our family. I guess we havent cut Jersi's yet, but he does do Crew's. His hair looks great. Way to go!

Mandi said...

Way to go Idaho! He looks like a million bucks! I have actually let Steve take over the haircutting department and he enjoys it. We bought a $20 Costco haircutting set and the boys get it about once a month or so (you know my boys, they are hairy little monsters!) How are you guys?! I can tell you that we miss you desperately. Are things getting better? I hope so. What a cute little man that Dallin boy is! Katie is available and she's a hot little momma herself! Have a great day!