Sunday, June 15, 2008

What a Man!

This post is dedicated to my main squeeze and was inspired by two things: 1) My cousin, Natalie's, post about her 8th anniversary where she listed things she loves about her husband. Danny and I celebrated our 4th anniversay back in December and I pretty much glossed over it on our blog. It was mentioned, but that was back in the day when blogging was a chore and I only posted once a month. 2) Father's Day, naturally.



I've decided to write about some of Danny's qualities that I consider to be perks or bonuses. When I was single, there were certain things I knew I wouldn't forego when thinking about the person I'd marry. I knew he'd be ambitious, attractive, an RM, a good prospective father, a worthy priesthood holder, the usual stuff - all of which Danny is. However, in the four and a half years we've been married, there have emerged other qualities that are equally important, but that I'd never considered. That's why I call them bonuses.

1) Danny is not a picky eater. In fact there are very few things he won't eat, something which I am always appreciative of. Who in their right mind would want to spend the time cooking dinner only to have her husband gripe about it? Not me!

2) Danny doesn't complain about my lack of organizational skills. I'm really not all that bad, but in comparison to the home he grew up in, there is room for imrovement. His mother is the most organized person I know and I'm far from that, so I know it must be frustrating at times for Danny. Not once have I ever heard him complain or make that comparison, though.

3) Danny is so even tempered. He rarely gets upset, and if he does, you'd hardly know it. He is so forgiving and so quick to say "I'm sorry". I have to admit that he's much better at these than I am.

4) They say when you marry someone, you marry the family as well. Lucky for me, Danny came with one of the best in the world. The Dixons are phenomenal people and I feel blessed to be considered part of their family. It's to his parents' credit he's the wonderful husband and father that he is.

5) Danny's not afraid to get down and dirty doing housework. He washes the dishes every night, literally. The only exceptions come when I ask to do them so I can have a little break from the kids. He does any other chores as needed without complaining - folding laundry, cleaning the shower, dusting, whatever. For the first three years of our marriage, he by far used the vacuum more than I did. He's always looking for ways to make my load a little lighter.

6) Danny is puctual, even early, in everything he does - a great quality to have. I'm quite the opposite and he's never complained when I make him late. His punctuality has even rubbed off on me and we're not late very often anymore.

7) Danny is totally understanding when he comes home and I'm tired and grouchy after a long or difficult day here at home. He doesn't ask why dinner isn't ready yet or why the house is a mess when it's been one of those days.

8) Danny is a home-body. He likes being at home more than any place else. And he likes being with me as much as I like being with him. He doesn't spend long hours at work when he doesn't have to. As a student, he went to school very early so he could be home at an earlier hour. He almost always got his school work done during the week so he wouldn't have to be gone studying on Saturdays.

There's a lot more I could mention. These are just a few of the things about Danny that make him so dang easy to be married to. I'm one lucky girl. I love you, Baby! Happy Father's Day!

11 comments:

Byron said...

Way to go Danielson! We love you too and are glad we got you as a super bonus to our family. In fact we like you way more than Amy now. Haa! Fun to talk to you guys tonight and see your faces (even if they were scary at times.) Can't wait to see you in real life.

Bethany and Cameron said...

Awww, that was sweet. Cameron and Danny sound a lot alike!:) He is a great guy! Happy Father's Day!

The Jones Fam said...

Danny IS great! I could learn a thing or two from that guy!

So when are we going to hang out here in awesome Tucson?

Jake

Amy said...

To Nat and Jake: I called Nat's phone yesterday to find out when you guys are in AZ, specifically Tucson. We really want to get together, especially if it's just Jake! :)

Natalie said...

Hey Amy & Danny-

I ran into your blog randomly and just thought I'd say hi. It was so fun to see pics of you and your family. Emily and Dallin are adorable! Hope you guys are doing well.

-Natalie (Zobell) Miller

Amy said...

To Natalie Miller:

Hi! I'm glad you found us after so long! When I clicked on your name to get to your blog, though, it says it's not a shared profile, so I can't get to it. If you happen to read this, give me your link. I'd love to see your family too!

Natalie said...

Hey Amy-

I'm new to this whole blogging thing, so I'm not sure why it did that. You can find us at natalieandlogan.blogspot.com
It was also fun to see pictures of Brian and Heidi-I knew them and your sis Jennifer back in the good ol' singles ward days. Has Heidi had her baby yet?

Megs said...

I really liked this post. A great way to get to know Danny better!

Ben said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ben said...

I have to concur. Having lived with Captain Crunch as a roomate for 3 years I can vouch for everything you said Amy. You guys deserve each other. I'm so glad you guys have such a great little family. We will miss having you guys so close by.

Brittney Smith said...

We miss you guys already!!