Our Easter festivities began the Monday before when we dyed eggs for FHE. It also happened to be St. Patrick's Day and it was strange having these two holidays coincide this year.
We did most of our celebrating on Saturday (on Sunday morning we had a little Easter lesson about the Savior). The night before Danny and I laid out around the front room eggs, candy, and a little ducky for the kids to collect in their baskets. Since Dallin doesn't eat candy, he got to collect Teddy Grahams and Fishy Crackers. Everything was strategically placed: Dallin's eggs and goodies were down low and Emily's were higher. Emily mostly abided by the rules and did a good job "helping" Dallin collect his eggs. Unfortunately, Emily had gotten sick with a fever and a bad cold the day before, but still enjoyed herself in spite of it.




In the afternoon, we went over to Grandma and Grandpa Dixon's house for more sugar and Easter fun. They hid eggs, a cookie, a basket, a present, and a stuffed animal for the kids all over the backyard; in the grass, in bushes, in trees, and in the garden. Emily and Dallin both had a great time celebrating Easter with their grandparents and Aunt Stacy.







8 comments:
Oh my heck! What are those enormous cookies Emily is shoving in her face in the last picture! She is going to have a million cavities by the time she's ten! My mom is the queen of sugar, that's for sure.
Ames- we'll just call you the blogging queen! Loving all the extra posts! Sav loved Easter this year too. Thanks for reminding me I still have hard boiled eggs in my fridge- gross!
Ummmmm....cookies! I can never make my sugar cookies turn out like that!
Looks like a fun, successful Easter!
Every time I check your blog there is a new post. You have finally got sucked into the black hole.
Your Easter looked really fun. And the cookie looks so yummy.
That's right, Emily... definitely need a cookie in each hand to keep the constant flow of sugar going. Alternating hands prevents fatigue and you can go for hours! She has been well taught by her parents.
Jake
That was Emily? I thought that was you Amy! Maybe I was just having flashbacks to our younger days..."Mmmm cold" Do you remember that? Hint: Native New Yorker, you hunched over a plate of hot wings and ranch dressing. Good times, good times.
Happy Spring Easter! It looks so green and beautiful there! Why am I coming in the summer again?
-Nat
I like that you do your egg dye in clear glasses. I can't believe Dallin is standing there next to Grandma D....he's still supposed to be a baby! Fun holiday stuff, glad it was so warm for you, stay posted for our frigid easter picts!
I am REALLY missing AZ weather right now. It snowed all day on Easter. LOVE the picture of Emily with a cookie in each hand. That's how Lucy likes to eat as well, each fist full.
Post a Comment