.jpg)
I decided to take the kids to the temple grounds since the weather has been so pleasant lately. Besides that, they've only been to our temple at night to see the Christmas lights. I wanted them to see it, but I especially hoped they would
feel the spirit of the temple. During the drive there, we purposely didn't listen to any of Emily's favorite children's songs and we discussed many things about the temple. I told her about the importance of white clothing in the temple, about how people can be sealed there for eternity, and how it's the Lord's house, etc. I told her how Daddy and I were sealed there when we got married and, because of that, we can be a family forever, even after we die. I told her that Daddy and I want us all to be together after we die because we love each of our family members very much. Her only comment: something about how much she and Lammy love each other too. Nice! And once we finally arrived at the temple, all they were interested in were the guys on the riding lawn mowers. Oh well. I tried. As can be seen from the picture, they're thrilled to be there.


Soon after that visit, we all went to the visitors' center to see the display of Mark Mabry's photographic depictions of events from the Savior's life. It was very inspiring and, he and the temple display people did a fantastic job. I'm so glad we got to see it before it ends. Dallin seemed to really enjoy it too. Emily wanted to go back outside after about 30 seconds. Good times!
8 comments:
Classic example of trying to do something meaningful for our children and having it FIZZLE! It's bound to sink in if we keep trying, right? The top picture is so funny, I can almost hear the lawn mowers distracting them. Too funny!
(I looked up ibex, so glad I am in the know now!)
By the way, way to go with the frequent posting! I love it. Hope it doesn't take you hours....
Kudos to you for trying! They'll get it...eventually! And who can blame them for their facination with lawn mowers! LOL
I love the new blog layout. I also love the kids in the first picture looking so pumped to be at the temple. Very funny.
Hey Amy! I was fun to talk to you yesterday! Thanks for calling! Your blog is way fun and it makes we excited for spring! I can believe how much Emily looks like you! I loved the story about trying to be all "spiritual" and Emily correlates that to her stuffed lamb. I would like to say they grow out of that, but the other day for FHE we talked about the resurection and watch Finding Faith in Christ. The next day Amy comes up to me and says "Well, I guess Jesus did eat tostadas when he was a kid." I asked her why she thought that? To which she replied "They didn't have those cans of beans!" Nice, what am I teaching my child...
-Nat
So I didn't proof read my comment, sorry! Do you like how it says that I was fun to talk to yesterday? My mom thinks I'm fun...
I'm so glad you're posting more! Going to the temple in this great weather is a wonderful idea. Looks like the kids enjoyed it...and at least you got cute pictures!
Emily looks so tall!! I'm missing everything!
Post a Comment