Practically! And who knew? He's made dinner before, but never anything so intricate or fancy. It all started a few weeks ago when I made monthly meal calendar for March. I don't mind cooking dinner at all; it's the thinking of what to cook that I struggle with. So I made a meal calendar for the whole month, with the exception of Saturdays and Sundays. Danny kindly volunteered to do the cooking on a couple of the Saturdays and had the idea to try making shish-kebabs. He researched several recipes and decided on lemon herb chicken. He chose for the vegetables red peppers, onions, and zucchini. He also threw on some pineapple. He planned for the sides a rice pilaf and (my favorite of the whole meal) grilled asparragus. He had this all planned out for about a week and we looked forward to it very much. We certainly weren't disappointed in the least. It all turned out to be very beautiful and even more delicious. Besides that, he looked awfully cute working in the kitchen! Well done, Honey!
It all looks so pretty!
The finished product. Isn't the presentation lovely?
Bon Apetite!




7 comments:
So when's he comin' to cook for us??? Way to go!! That looks soooo good!:)
Mmm... I love kebabs! I can't wait until we get our grill fired up for the season. Then Kirtis does a lot of the cooking. I love it! It's so yummy, nutritious and delicious!
That's Awsome! I'm sad you guys won't be here i August for our Ward Iron Chef cookoff! He would be great!
Way to go Danny! It looks delicious! You must bring out the chef in him Amy...Ben doesn't remember him cooking like that when he was his roommate. =)
Ditto to everyone else, that really does look delicious! We are thinking that the next time we have a family barbeque Danny should be in charge of the menu!
Danny can come make dinner at our house anytime!! Looks so yummy! I just bought Jake some BBQ skewers for encouragment..we just have to wait for the snow to stop.
-Nat
Love it, love it! Danny might start to rival Byron. Boy it's making me want to grill! Did you guys ever have the yummy grilled shrimp with us and Brian's friend Dave? Ohhhh, mouthwatering!
Post a Comment