Friday, January 20, 2012

Bye-Bye Tooth

Last night Daddy pulled Emily's tooth! It had been dangling for more than a week.


Earlier this week he made a deal with her that if the tooth hadn't come out on its own by Thursday at bedtime, that's when he was going to pull it.

When that time came, it actually was in there more tightly than it had seemed. Some gentle tugging was required and she was very brave.

It's definitely a new look for her, one that I'm still getting used to. I think she looks adorable, but I lament some that she's growing up fast. The recent haircut made her look older to me, and now the missing tooth does even more.

She put that tooth under her pillow, but couldn't easily fall asleep because of the anticipation of a visit from the Tooth Fairy. At 4:30 this morning, I heard excited little voices coming from down the hall. I went into her and Dallin's bedroom to see why in the heck they were awake, and was promptly informed that the Tooth Fairy had come. Before school, she put a dime into her tithing bank all on her own. It was one of those proud parent moments.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hey Savannah lost that same tooth this week! I had no idea it was loose and when she came home from school it was backwards in her mouth (gross!). 20 minutes later it fell out.