On Saturday morning, I was out on the back patio tending to our new pet scorpion (that story will be blogged about soon) when Emily yelled, "My other tooth came out!" My initial thought was she was just teasing us since she's done that many times since her teeth have been loose. I started to come inside to to tell her she wasn't fooling me when, lo and behold, there she was with a tooth in hand and an even bigger (and bleeding) hole in her enormous grin.
The night before we'd gone to celebrate a family acheivement by getting shave ices. For winter, though, the shop is only open on Saturdays. So we went to a donut shop that was on the way back to our house. When Emily lost her tooth, she'd bitten into a donut hole at breakfast and it just pushed the tooth way out of place. Emily pulled it out the rest of the way. So, thus far, she herself has pulled out three of the four baby she has lost. Brave girl!
I seriously LOVE how she looks with both teeth gone. I think it is so completely adorable. And I love the way she lisps a little now when she says her "S's". Yesterday morning while I was doing her hair for church I had her repeat this sentence, just to hear all those lispy "S's": "77 smelly skunks scared 6 scarecrows on Sunday." It was awesome.


1 comment:
Too bad they didn't come out earlier... Then she REALLY could have been singing, "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth..." ;)
Post a Comment