Just now, we experienced our 2nd tornado warning, which means they want you to seek shelter from imminent tornadoes. So we spent 30+ minutes in our closet this afternoon (we had to get Dallin out of bed after only napping for half an hour - bummer!!). Danny got home from work really early, so luckily he was here too this time. During last week's it was just the kids and me. Right before we went into the closet he ran outside to collect the biggest chunks of hail we've seen in our lives. We did see a photo on the news, though, of someone holding a baseball-sized piece produced from this same storm. Nonetheless, we thought these were pretty impressive. Being from Arizona, we're new to all this tornado stuff and I find it quite unnerving, personally. Now the sun's out and birds are singing. Strange stuff.
Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Nachos
1 day ago
9 comments:
I remember tornado warnings in Minnesota. Hate those things!
That's pretty impressive hail, by the way.
Anyway, I'm glad you are safe and well!!!
AAGGHH! That is so scary! I'm glad you guys are safe!
Gosh. Strangely, that makes me miss Iowa.
Hail,that's big! It is unnerving. Last year we had a tornado close to my school right at the end of the school day, so all the kids had to get into tornado position, the lights went out, all the kindergarteners were crying. Fun stuff. Glad it was only a warning!
Yikes! Glad your safe, and I love your kids' quotes on the side of your blog. He he he.
I thought it was kinda cool my first time. But, i didn't haven any cute kids to take care of! Glad y'all are safe.
Wow! That hail was enormous. I'm glad the tornado missed you guys and you are all safe.
This is why I live in Arizona. I stay as far away from Tornados and golf ball sized hail as I can ;) I'm glad you are all safe and sound.
It all sounds very exciting, closet dwelling and snow cones and all. We had a brisk breeze today.
Post a Comment