Today was very special for two reasons: it's Dallin's birthday and it's the start General Conference weekend. We tried to hype both of them up and think things went very well on both fronts. Compared to last year when we had a great big family birthday party for Dallin, today was very different since it was just the four of us. For that reason, we tried to make the day a special one for him. We started the day off with Dallin coming out of his room to see lots of birthday decorations up in the family room: balloons, streamers, and signs.
Then he got to help Daddy make pancakes that were colored green at his request.
Then he and Emily helped me make his "Fun-fetti" cake. He chose that and the chocolate frosting with sprinkles.


Our goofy kids. Emily tried extra hard to be nice to him and let him enjoy the spotlight today.


He's getting ready to open presents.
Emily was ever-helpful with getting that darn wrapping paper off.
Finally some boy dress up clothes! He got this cowboy outfit from us and a policeman outfit from his grandma and grandpa. Now he won't feel left out when Emily's all decked out in her princess outfits and he certainly won't have to put up with her dressing him up in her Cinderella dress anymore.
Dallin loves books and got several today. When he opened them, he immediately found a spot amongst all the wrapping paper in order to read one.

Emily and Dallin are getting ready to watch General Conference via the internet. We had a crystal clear connection and it seemed just like we were watching it on T.V.

I made Pigs-in-a-Blanket for dinner. They were a big hit with both Dallin and Emily.


He thoroughly enjoyed his cake and, after two pieces, asked for yet another. I put my foot down on that one.










7 comments:
Wow Ames- pigs in a blanket. You're so gourmet! j/k. Doesn't 2 make them seem all grown up?
Holy Cow! I can't believe he is already 2! Time sure does fly when you are having fun. He is such a cutie.
I am sad we were not around (or that you were not around) for the birthday fun. I love that Emily "helped" Dallin with the unwrapping. Sounds like you guys are enjoying yourselves out there.
We missed you tonight during the priesthood session review.
I love the picture of the two kids with silly grins on their faces. They are just the cutest little guys ever. Happy birthday Dallin!
What a beautiful boy! I sure miss you guys and your cute babies.
Amy, you look SO incredible and really seemed to make his day! What a good mom!
Looks like a great weekend. I was just thinking about you the other day. We had the spouse/partner breakfast the other day for incoming MBA students and I remembered that's where we ran into each other. Can you believe that was a year ago? I guess you've lived a couple places since then, but we're still here, and have a year left! Looks like things are going great!
I love his cowboy dress up clothes! Are you sure he didn't want his own princess dress too? j/k He is such a cutie, happy birthday Dallin!
Post a Comment