Today our little Emily became a big girl in that she had her first day of preschool! She was excited to go and had a great day. She can't wait to go next week. We're so proud of her!
I thought I'd try to write a post about this little girl who livens up our life so much. Going on 4, at times Emily's going on 14 with the things she says. She's a really quick learner and very bright. She's an inquisitive girl, constantly asking questions and "Why?" to the point of exasperation at times. As the big sister, she's definitely in charge. She makes sure Dallin follows her rules and does things her way. In group settings, though, Emily tends to be reserved and will hang back till she's comfortable. She loves taking care of her stuffed animals, but not baby dolls. Her favorites presently are her pink kitty (named Ta-doot or Dooty), her pink pig (named Squiggy, Squig Pig, or just Squig), and Lammy. This girl's got so many quirks, it'd take forever to list them all. I have to try, though. She's obsessed with the left; sitting on the left side, holding my left hand, getting the left half of the sandwich, etc. She's very particular when it comes to certain things, like having her step stool in the bathroom exactly centered with the sink. Or being scooted up to the table just right in her booster seat. Or not wanting her hair combed or clipped back at all. For now, only pigtail braids are acceptable, though an occasional bribe usually works. She falls into routines very easily and doing something new around here might just turn into a must, like singing "The Farmer in the Dell" and "I am a Child of God" literally every night before bed since May of '07. My favorite thing about Emily is her giggle. It's so contagious and I love when she laughs. She's a real sweetie most of the time and I love this girl!
This is the new pose Emily does every time we try to take a picture of her. This beats what she normally does: not even looking at the camera due to distractions around her.

She got her first haircut back in February.

Emily loves coloring, painting, drawing, and doing crafts. Here she and Dallin are doing finger painting.

This kid's always been a gatherer, for lack of a better word, since she could walk; constantly clustering toys together in one location. On this particular morning, she and Dallin got every single toy in the house and clustered them in the front room pretending like they were going on a trip.

Emily loves to be involved and helping in whatever project is going on.

She's just a goofy kid!

She doesn't like going under water or having water in her face, but a while ago she got into this phase of laying down in the tub like this.

.jpg)


6 comments:
What! Already? Man, she's growing up fast. I better come visit y'all soon so I don't miss all the good stuff. Maybe Memorial day...
Such a doll! I just love her! I think she will probably be taking Lammy with her to college, huh?? :)
Such fun pictures. Crazy hail you guys got! Hope you're well! We're still waiting to hear.... :)
I love the picture with her backpack on. I think it's harder for the parent to see them go to school than it is for the child. She sure is cute.
She really is such a special girl! We sure miss her and all of you Dixones.
We hope you had a wonderful Easter and look forward to seeing some pictures from your week with the Garns!
-Heidi
What a cutie! So fun to get to know her better. I love the little quirks our kids come with. She reminds me of my Lyda. Maybe its an oldest daughter thing.
Post a Comment