Sunday, May 25, 2008

Random/Funny Memories from our Trip

Generic Cheerios, whole milk, and strawberries - our staple breakfast we ate every morming as not to spend a fortune on eating out for yet another meal. Generic brand was only $5 versus $7. Whole milk was $4 versus $7 for regular. Danny stole a bunch of sugar packets from the luau to give them less of a cardboard flavor. Every day for lunch we ate a turkey and cheese sandwich, Doritos, and shared an apple. Again, to save a little dough.

A toad we saw every evening by the stairs of our condo. We affectionately named him Mr. Toad.


Where I barfed after getting carsick on the drive from the airport the first day.


The grocery store we stopped at I think every day to pick up something or other. For some reason, whenever we walked into this store Danny had to use the bathroom - without fail.

Other funny things: (1)The weird guy who sat next to us on the plane whose medication made him looked totally wasted and made him have to use the bathroom every hour. Oh, and he had the window seat. (2)Our rental car would beep at me if I didn't put on my seatbelt after 2 seconds. (3)We were asked a million times if we were on our honeymoon. (4)I got carsick almost every time we drove a certain part of the highway. I don't get carsick so I don't know what the deal was. (5)How a pack of gum cost $50. No, not really. But everything truly is astronomically expensive in Hawaii. It was hard to stomach forking over so much for just regular stuff. (6)Being in the water would make Danny need to use the bathroom and he would have to go all the time no matter how soon he'd just gone. (7)I got the hugest sun blister/cold sore on my bottom lip from too much sun on our ocean raft excursion. Seriously it was the size of an almond. It's my second time getting this same cold sore (the very same spot on my lip and the very same size). The first time I got it was on our honeymoon. It was awesome.

4 comments:

Erica Hanks said...

I love the pic of the place you puked! Awesome!

It IS so expensive there! We tried to just eat 2 times a day. We should have thought of the cereal!

thebigcookiefam said...

I hate long layovers, I can't help thinking that i could that much closer to home as I am sitting there doing nothing. I also really like the picture of the place where you puked. And that Danny had to always go to the bathroom, he could travel with Jenny and I and fit right in!

Jan said...

I've been saving to comment until I had time to read all of the posts of your trip. Wow, what an adventure! I'm so glad you guys got to go and get away! It looked beautiful and fun and very memorable! Welcome back!

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

I'm so glad you got to go to Maui-NYC can wait for another year! Looks like you had a blast-hooray for g-parents and time alone with your honey!!!