I guess that's what Memorial Day used to be called according to Dad Dixon, who's always full of random facts. We had a really great Memorial Day because we had VISITORS. It's still weird to have people come visit us and that we're "out of town" now. Our first visitors were Danny's family: his parents, his sister Stacy, and his brother, Ben. Actually, Stacy came the Friday prior to give us some reprieve after such a doozy of a week. So bless her heart for spending the entire weekend with us allowing catch up a little on the sleep I'd missed all week! The rest of the fam arrived Monday morning. They brought some fixings for a delicious Memorial Day lunch: fried chicken (a Dixon tradition for Mem. Day) with a whole bunch of yummy sides. Mom Dixon even brought her to-die-for home made caramel corn (also a Dixon tradition for Mem. Day) that we munched on all day . After lunch while the kids napped, some of us played a game, some watched a movie, and some napped. I tried a new recipe (chalupa) for dinner and that evening we went to our little park to fly our new kite. The weather was perfect with a nice breeze to keep the kite up. It was the first time Emily and Dallin had flown a kite and they liked it. They liked swinging on the swings most, though. The Dixons drove back to Mesa when the kids went to bed and it was a great day. We loved having family to visit and can't wait for times when we get to see everyone again.








5 comments:
Yay! Visitors from home!
I hope everyone there is healthy now and you're getting all settled in!
Love ya!
Okay, that is so not Tucson! It's beautiful where you live. We lived in the full on Tucson ghetto! I'm sorry that you guys had a doozy of a week. No fun! We miss you guys! We were craving a BBQ and you guys would have been perfect! We definitely need to come down for a visit. I'm glad all is well. How is it down there by the way? How has church been, or have you not gone yet? I hope you have a great day!
What a fun day. I love spending the day with family! Hope to see you out of towners soon!
That was some fun times we had!! I love the picture with me and Dallin.
I didn't realize they came to visit, how great! So you need to tell your SIL Emily that I love her recipe blog. It is great! How lucky are you to have such a gungho new addition to the fam. Tell her thanks, already made the green chili burritos...mmmmm...
Post a Comment