Well, it's nearly mid-June and this is a post about something that happened a few weeks ago. It really bugs me to post about stuff when so much time has gone by. I guess I feel like there's already too much life that has happened and more stuff that I need to post about, but I don't like to post out of order. Weird, I know. But with our move and all, it's just the way it is this time.
Anyway, this post is about a rare trip I got to take, all ALONE to Seattle. The reason for the trip? Roommate Reunion#2 (Reunion #1 took place in Provo, October 2007). I met these wonderful, hilarious, smart, fun girls 10 years ago at BYU. There are seven of us, including myself: Anna, Gina, Megan, Stephanie, Heidi, and Christine. They are still my closest friends and we all keep in almost daily contact via email.
One of my favorite things about these girls is how much fun they are. That hasn't changed even though so much time has past, even though we're wives and mothers now. It was still the same: we ate a ton, we stayed up extremely late, and laughed our guts out for three days straight. It was so rejuvenating and therapeutic to spend time with these great girls. I love them tremendously!
The majority of us arrived on a Thursday night. Megan was a gracious hostess who planned an awesome itinerary. We had two whole days' worth to play and play we did. Here we are in downtown heading out on Friday.

Always laughing. Half the time, it's not just laughing. It's laughing so hard that you almost pee your pants. We really are a very funny bunch.

Our first stop was the famous Pike Street Market located downtown. There were a gazillion bakeries and little vendors selling everything under the sun: from spices to fresh flowers to clothing to produce to jewelry. We stoppped quite a bit to buy goodies and sample things. I really enjoyed all the sights and sounds and smells of it all. Pike Street Market is a definite must when visiting Seattle.

These were seriously the best doughnuts I've ever had. Even topping my first Krispy Kreme experience, something which I never thought would happen. I very easily could've eaten a dozen of these by myself.

Here's the famous golden pig. Most people get on the pig and snap a photo. I opted to get one of just the pig.

This is the famous fish market where they literally throw fish to people. The workers wrap up a person's order and toss it to him.

I took this one for my kids. They loved it.

This was one of the many shops selling fresh produce. Between the layout and the different colors, they looked so cool to me.


This shop had tons of hand-painted tile clocks for sale. They were all so varied and vibrant.

This one little shop had all these fresh chile peppers hanging. They were so pretty to me.


After lunch we took this ferry over to Bainbridge Island to do a little perusing of fun little botiques. The weather was beautiful on the way over and it was great to be out on the water. It was one of my favorite things that day.
Some of the girls enjoying the ride.

I love experiencing downtowns for the first time, but especially those of big cities. Seattle has such a cool downtown and a great skyline. I took this from the ferry.


On Saturday morning we went to the temple. I loved the opportunity to be in that special place with such special friends. I am grateful that we are all worthy to go and share that experience.







8 comments:
Looks like you all had fun! Glad that you are still able to get together like that!
i love the picture of the chili peppers!! it looks awesome. i think it needs to be entered into a competition somewhere. also, did you know my roommies at BYU were from Bainbridge Island?? they all sailed. i guess it's the thing to do there. sounds like you had a wonderful trip!
What an incredible amount of fun!! Your pictures are looking so fabulous!
What a great trip and I love the pictures. Anna told me about the green nail polish and it actually was worse than I imagined. Well put, vintage Anna. We need to get together if you are in the valley. What about next week or the week after? We are always up for swimming.
Alright, too cute that you all have matching shirts! And I love the pedicure picture, too. It is fun and a great blessing to stay in touch with a group of friends like this! I am so glad you could go.
Amy I LOVE the farmer's market photos. They are SO great!
So fun! I wish I had a group of girls to have a reunion with. Maybe I should form one. I love Seattle. I went there a couple of years ago for my brother's wedding. I'm pretty sure I'd be quite happy living there.
How fun is this!! I'm slightly jealous:) Makes me want to reconnect better with my past roommates.
Post a Comment