After a very long and hot blogging drought, I am no less than four posts behind: our move from Dallas, the girls' birthdays, and two family trips. This particular post, however is LONG overdue and, therefore, takes precedence.
********Drumroll, please*************
WE'RE HAVING A BABY AND IT'S A GIRL!!!!

I know, I know. I can hear the various reactions. "Holy cow! She just had one!" "Oh my gosh. She's nuts." "Wow, how old will Megan be when it's born?" "Hello! Ever heard of birth control??"
All I can say is that during my prayers one night back in February I undoubtedly, undeniably felt that there is another spirit that needs to come to our family and that it was time, that very month, to try for one. As I fell asleep that night I felt very peaceful and happy about it. I wrote down my feelings so I wouldn't forget how I felt because, sure enough, the next morning I was on the verge of totally freaking out. Certainly, if anyone else in this world had told me we needed to have another baby when, hello, I already had a baby of just 7 months old, I would have said that person was utterly crazy. Nonetheless, you definitely can't question the Lord's sanity.
So, my ever-supportive, wonderful, understanding husband and I followed that prompting, inspite of the temptation to wonder what in the heck Heavenly Father is thinking. Since becoming pregnant, I've told myself countelss times, "Faith, not fear." Basically it's my new motto.
FYI:
~I'm halfway through the pregnancy and very recently feeling the baby move. It's very exciting.
~I'm due the first part of December.
~When the baby's born Megan will be 17 months old, Dallin will be a little over 3 1/2 years old, and Emily will not quite be 5 1/2 years old.
~For us, girl names have been extremely difficult to choose, so we've got absolutely nothing at this point.
17 comments:
Congrats. That is exciting. Another girl! How fun.
Congrats! Yay for girls!
I had that exact space but with my middle two girls. Yes it is hard at first, but you will survive, I promise! I love your motto of Faith not Fear, it's so neccesary for us all in everything.
How exciting! And I too love the "Faith not Fear" motto. I have had similar experiences with our growing family. I knew when each one was to come to our family and I had to take that leap of faith and I have never been sorry about it. :) Congratulations to you and your family! Can't wait to see what she will look like...and what name y'all pick.
I've been waiting to see what you were having! You and all those girls - Dallin will be well versed in women by the time he's dating :) Congrats!
Oh that is wonderful! Congratulations! You are brave and faithful, and obedient, and all those wonderful words!! Good Luck!
Oh Amy! I am so excited for you guys! Your babies are all so precious! Keep us updated!
Congrats again hermana! I'm excited for you, at least you can put your mini-van to good use :) I actually can't wait to follow in your footsteps when our time is right. Hooray for motherhood and for raising children in righteousness!
Congratulations! Another girl--just too precious! If we end up in Tucson, we'll be there when you have her. Reason enough! :)
Congratulations! That is so exciting! Another cute little girl added to your family will be perfect!
Hey! That's so exciting. Are you still in the valley or Tuscon? If so we need to get together.
Congrats!!! I think it's great.
Amy, I loved reading this post. I am so excited for you, another girl to join your family. 3 girls and a boy... good combination. :) Blaire and Braden are 15 months apart and it was busy when they were new and little, but I wouldn't trade the relationship they have now for ANYTHING, it will be great! Congratulations!
congrats on the baby and your faith - it will carry you on.
Hooray! A baby is always good news. Keep thinking about what Natalie wrote--it will be hard but FUN to have these two so close together.
Congratulations Amy! Such exciting news!
A Girl a girl a girl. You're more than welcome to use my name. :)
Hooray! What a wonderful story about following the spirit. I was so lucky to have you as my companion.
Post a Comment