Friday, May 14, 2010

Photography Fun

You may or may not know that several months ago I purchased a nice camera, a Nikon. I've been loving it, especially since my brother Brian showed me a few tips when he was visiting us back in March.

I'm always impressed (and, admittedly, a little envious) when I look at my photographer friends' blogs and photos. They are so artistic and just down right cool. Well, I decided to look into Picasa and have been tinkering around in there, seeing what I can do with my photos, just for fun. I enjoyed it so much that first time that I couldn't sleep for thinking about all night. So I went back to older photos and played around with them too. Some of these are recent, some are older. Some are with my new camera, some aren't. There are many more than these here that I'll post now and again.

So for better or for worse, here's sort of my first attempt at photography.























9 comments:

Peeser said...

Those are some very nice photos- I really like the feel of them! (I think I like the one of Daddy and Dallin the best!) Keep up the lovely work (but try not to get addicted- it may absorb your life if you're not careful!)

Anna and Jon said...

Love them! Especially the one of Emily and the egg. Great job. See you SOON

Benjamin said...

i like the little baby feet! very good pics, ame. you'll have to show me your tricks next time we're together.

Brian and Heidi said...

Those turned out so fun Amy! I especially love the picture of Megan sticking her tongue out while reaching for Danny - too cute!

Brian and Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steve Soter said...

So cute! I love it! Thanks so much for making time for the Soter's this last week. You guys will be greatly missed by us. We had so much fun on our date! I hope we always keep in touch. I wanted to tell you so sorry to keep you out in the cold when you weren't feeling well. I hope you are doing better. Way to go on the pics! I miss you already! Oh, and have fun on your girly trip!

Karen said...

I think these are great. Photography is so much fun. I hope you learn to love it.

Jan said...

Such cute photos! Great job! I have been wanting to get more into photography too. You'll have to tell me what kind of camera you have. There are so many choices out there!

Melanie said...

These are great! You definitely have an eye for photography!