Wednesday, May 5, 2010

It's Official!

We're going back to Arizona for good!


Yes, the two-year Leadership Development Program is coming to a close. The uprooting every 8 months is over. We will be moving back to Arizona in three weeks.

Today, Danny accepted a job offer with the people he worked for in Tucson during his first rotation in 2008. They LOVED him and would've done anything to get him to come back. We've had our sights on going back these entire two years and we are grateful that it's all worked out this way. A true answer to prayers. We are thrilled to soon be owning a home again, to finally put some roots down, and be so close to family. Hooray!

25 comments:

Jenifer said...

Woo hoo! How exciting!

kg said...

Wow, that was quick, just like your time in AL. Congrats on ending up where you hoped!! Good luck with the move!

Jenni Johansen said...

That is so exciting!!!! You better move back into our ward!!!!!!!!!!!! :0) So wonderful!

Emnacnud said...

yeah, hey we will be in south AZ end of July maybe we could see you, wow it has been a loooooong time.(Joe and Emily Newman Danny's mission companion)

The Busy Burnham Bunch said...

Super exciting and congratulations!!!!!!! I can wait to see you guys again. It has been so long.
Amanda

Sharon said...

Congrats! I am so happy for y'all! I am sure you are going to love being next to family and settling down.

The Busy Burnham Bunch said...

LIKE (facebook lingo in case you are never on it).

Can't wait to have you guys back closer to us. Excited to finally see cute Megan in person!
Cathie

Becky said...

Yay! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited. That is great news for you and your family. Congrats.

Dave and Mandi said...

congrats!!! What a blessing! Good luck with the house hunting!!!

Team Covey said...

Yay! I'm so happy for your cute family. Hoping for many rotations of 8 months in the SAME arizona house. You can just rotate your food storage instead of moving your entire home. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Quincy Sorensen said...

Hooray for your family! I bet your extended clan is thrilled! Good luck these next weeks packing and getting ready.

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

Great news! Actually I thought you were going to announce baby #4 HeHeHe, when I just read the title. :)

Jill Freestone said...

WOW!!! happy for you it worked out so well!

Brian and Heidi said...

Woo hoo! We will be so glad to have you back. Congrats!
-Heidi

Gina said...

Such great news! I'm so happy for you guys!!

The Jones Fam said...

WHAT!!!??? This seems too good to be true. We've been trying really hard not to get our hopes up too much, but now we can celebrate! Please move into our neighborhood!! You will love it just as much as we do... and there's even a skate park around the corner for Danny. We know what a skater he is. Sorry- we'll try to give you a little space and not be too pushy. But seriously, do.

This is the best news I've heard all day.

The Jones Fam said...

P.S. This is Jake

Mandi said...

Oh Amy, Just reading that "It's official!" and seeing that picture of AZ made me so sad and so fiercely jealous! I would love to come with you guys. The funny thing is, there was a time when I swore I would never want to live in Tucson again, and now I would give anything! I am so happy for you, but gosh, we are going to miss you guys so much. I realize we don't see you as much as we would like, but it's wonderful knowing we have you here. I can't wait to play this week!

Tasha said...

Hey Amy! This is Tasha from the BC :) How good to hear from you! Thanks for giving me the link to your blog. Your children are so adorable and you look beautiful as always. Our blog is jtharrisplace.blogspot.com if you want to check it out sometime.
And hey, that is so exciting that you are moving back to Arizona.

Andy said...

Congrats!! We're so excited for you guys to be moving back to good ol' AZ... and just in time for the summer too! ;-) Good luck with the move!

Jenni said...

So excited for you but sad for us - was hoping you'd head back this way!

Natalie said...

Hooray for you guys! I know you must be so happy. Where are you going to be? We LOVED Tucson(Oro Valley) and would go back in a heartbeat! Good luck getting moved!

Jan said...

We are excited for you guys...though we will miss you! Unless we somehow make it there ourselves. We'll see....

Broadbent Family said...

Yah, us too! Isn't it a great feeling. Congrats Danny!