Friday, February 12, 2010

Snow Day Continued

Here's to the snowiest day in Dallas history. I guess it is rare to have snow like this as it had been decades since anything close to this amount had fallen. The news reported over a foot of snow in some areas. Our yard had 8 inches. It snowed all day yesterday and the weather lady predicted it would continue till midnight. This beatiful scene is what greeted us this morning.





After dinner last night Danny, being the great dad that he is, bundled the kids up the best he could and took them out back to play. I'm too much of a wimp to do all that work for such a short time - and I loathe being cold. None of them had gloves, so the fun could only last so long. They all loved it, though.



As we were going to bed last night I reminded Danny that when we were in Dallas for his internship during the summer of '07, they had the rainiest summer in 80 years. And now record snow. I really hope this spring we don't experience any record-setting tornado season!

3 comments:

Jan said...

I heard about all the snow you guys got. Crazy! It sure is beautiful though...as long as you don't have to go outside! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow. Last time I remember it snowing there was when I was a kid. ;)

Glad the kids had fun in the snow. I too loathe the cold and can'
t wait til spring and summer! It's Fr-r-r-reezing here!

Karen said...

A snowman without gloves?! Totally impressed.