Friday, July 3, 2009

Welcome, Baby Megan!!


Well, our sweet baby girl finally arrived on Tuesday! Here are her stats: she was born June 30, 2009 at 11:10 a.m. She weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces and is 19 inches long. The general consensus is that she has REDDISH hair. :)

Here's a brief rundown of that morning's events:
- at 7:15 we arrived at Huntsville Hospital
- by 8:00 we were in our room
- at about 8:30 I was hooked up to the hydrating IV drip and the pitosin
- at 8:50 the doctor broke my water
- at about 9:30 I got the epidural
- at around 11:05 it was time to push (just a couple of pushes)
- at 11:10 our tiny Megan was born



The nurse held her up for a photo op. Megan's got a good set of lungs.


Danny holding her for the first time.



I held her right after she was born, but this is the first time holding her after being all cleaned up.


Isn't she sweet?




Grandma brought Emily and Dallin to the hospital that afternoon.


Dallin was very curious and was so sweet with her. He loved all Megan's tiny body parts, especially her toes.

This was taken on Wednesday, when Emily did a much better job welcoming her baby sister to our family.
We brought Megan home from the hospital on Thursday.



So far, Megan is a really good sleeper. So good in fact that she's hard to wake up to feed and keep awake while she's nursing. We rarely see her eyes, so it's a treat when they're open. She is just a cutie and is a very mellow kid so far. She hardly ever makes a peep. We are so happy to have her finally here. There is something indescribably sweet about having a brand new baby in the home. I love rocking her, putting my cheek on her fuzzy head, holding her against me, and smelling that unique newborn smell. We're just hoping for a smooth transition into being the parents of three. Danny's been wonderful at playing with Dallin and Emily. My mom's been so helpful with the kids and especially doing all the rest things like cooking and cleaning. Scary to think that what now takes three of us to do in order to keep life running smoothly, will soon be all on my shoulders. I try not to think about that part. :)

13 comments:

BandHGardner said...

She's beautiful! Congrats.

Katie said...

Congratulations! Ames- you look great! I love the name you picked too- it's been one on our list!

Erica Hanks said...

Congratulations Dixons!! She is beautiful!!

Hey Amy...How come you look like a supermodel RIGHT after giving birth??? :) Wow!

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

Congrats! I was hoping she'd have red hair! And I envy your fast deliveries.

Benjamin said...

Welcome, sweet girl! Can't wait to get to meet this new little one. Congrats guys!

Jenifer said...

Congrats Amy! She is so beautiful!

Jan said...

Congrats to your family of five! She is darling and so glad you and Megan are both healthy and happy. You will do wonderfully with three...good thing they sleep so much when they are so new huh?!

The Jones Fam said...

Congrats you guys! She is beautiful! So fun to have a new baby girl! And seriously Amy, you are NOT suppose to look that good after giving birth. I don't look that good on my best days!
Nat

Unknown said...

Congrats Dixons! What a beautiful baby girl.

Leslie said...

Congrats! What a cutie. My third baby was my easiest, hope yours is too. Good Luck!

Ashlee said...

Congratulations on number 3. Looks like you and your hubby are outnumbered:)

The Jones Fam said...

Wow! She's cute! Congratulations you guys. I'm pretty sure the good set of lungs must come from the Freestone family tree. And Danny must take credit for the mellow disposition. :)

Jake

Bethany and Cameron said...

I'm a little late here--but CONGRATS!!! She is beautiful and Amy, so are you right after labor! What the heck???