Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Emily!




Today Emily turned FOUR years old! We tried to make the day special for her. The front room was decorated with balloons and other things, AND she got to have cold cereal for breakfast - which she was thrilled about. Yesterday I told her we were going to a fun place this morning for her birthday, but that it was a surprise. She didn't know where we were going until we pulled into our parking spot.





That "fun place" was Chuck E Cheese's and when she saw the sign from the car, she was SO excited. I wish I could've gotten a picture of her face beaming.












































































As for the presents, she wasn't all that thrilled about a lot of them when she got them opened. I was getting worried that they would all be busts, but she really liked this princess nightgown from Grandma Burnham.
























And this dress up stuff.






















And this beautiful quilt made by Grandma Dixon.













For her birthday dinner she surprisingly requested french toast, which we thought was odd. She was really happy about the strawberry syrup I bought to eat with it.












After baths, she fianally got to dig into her PINK cake. She picked out the strawberry cake mix, the strawberry frosting, and the rainbow sprinkles a couple of weeks ago. She's been so looking forward to it every since.


Happy birthday, Sweet Pea! I love you and I hope you had a fun day.




**A quick little addition documenting Saturday, June 27th:
In connection with Emily's birthday we took the kids to the movies for the first time! We saw the movie "Up" in 3D. I was skeptical how Dallin would do, especially with the glasses. This kid was a champ and wore his huge glasses the entire time. He watched the whole movie. I hope I can keep forever in my mind the image of him sitting there on Daddy's lap watching very intently with those glasses on. It was so, so cute. Emily, on the other hand, did not last through it and she nearly had a complete melt-down with about 30 minutes left. Fortunately, we were able to settle her down enough to get through the rest of the movie.



6 comments:

Brian and Heidi said...

Happy Birthday to little Ems! I can appreciate the choice of french toast. Somebody showed me to smash up some grahm crackers and sprinkle them in the egg mixture before you cook the bread. It adds a delicious little flavor.

Benjamin said...

Happy birthday Em! Sounds like it was a fun one, Amy. Those kids are too lucky to have such great parents!

Jan said...

We just finished talking to you guys on Skype and I was about to ask how Emily's birthday was since it was Jared's too. How funny! We went to Chuck e Cheese too! You're just faster at putting up pictures! Looked like a great day! Happy Birthday Emily!

emily said...

What a fun birthday!!!

Erica Hanks said...

Happy Birthday to Emily!! And Lammy! :)

thebigcookiefam said...

Looks like a great day. I can't believe how BIG Dallin is getting! I covet the red hair!!