Well, we're more than two weeks into life with three kiddos and it's been going very well. Actually, it's not for reals yet since my mom's still here. She leaves tomorrow and I'm REALLY trying not to panic. If you ask me in a couple of weeks, you might get a different story. Anyway, here are some of the latest happenings.
This 4th of July was unique for me because we live in a place where fireworks are legal. Danny went to the mother of all fireworks stores and picked up a few kiddie ones. The kids loved them, especially the sparklers.
Going to Bruster's ice cream shop with the grandparents just might becoming a tradition for us.

Last Sunday morning before church. Both kids are doing wonderfully with having a new baby around. They ask to hold her and love giving Megan kisses. Dallin is just a sweetie with her and is always talking to her in a cute baby voice. Emily also is very good with Megan. Just today she brought Megan one of her stuffed animals from her crib.

Megan is thriving! At first the doctor was concerned about her weight gain and jaundice. She'd dropped down to just 6 lbs. and wasn't gaining the weight back even after more frequent feedings over that first weekend. By the end of that week, though, she'd gained 3.5 oz. in three days. As of last Thursday (one week later), she'd gained 10.5 oz. in a week and had surpassed her birth weight. She weighed 6 lbs., 15.5 oz. Hooray! As for the jaundice, for some naps we put her by the window in her diaper in Emily's wooden doll cradle to get indirect sunlight. She fit in there just right. She's now doing just fine in that regard. She's a good sleeper. She's mostly still asleep whenever we put her in her crib for naps, which has been easy. At night she's been going 4 - 4.5 hours between feedings. Usually it's just once that I'm getting up to feed her between 2 and 3 o'clock. She really is a good baby!


With me nursing and Danny doing mostly doing the other kids, it seems like I'm the only one who interacts with Megan. Here's some rare Daddy-Megan time.

Megan is still a very sleepy baby, but she's awake more and more.

Her first bath.

7 comments:
so glad your mom comes - she's amazing. beautiful baby and kids- good luck after she leaves :) I love that your kids have bibs at the ice cream store - thats my style!
I get to meet that sweetie pie next week!!
She is GORGEOUS! I'm so excited for you. Sad for you that your mom is leaving, but excited that you have 3 wee ones. I definitely need the scoop on how you feel in 2 weeks
She really is beautiful! I can't wait to see more pictures soon.
(also glad to hear Emily is really warming up)
Congratulations!!!! She is adorable!!!!!! We miss you here in Tucson!!! Looks like you're having a great time in Alabama though!
So cute! I love that you put her in the dolly crib! And yay for sibling love! They are so cute sitting in their Sunday clothes holding Megan! Congrats again!
First time I have looked at a blog in months.... so great to see picts of your little megs. Oh how amazing those little ones are. Mom misses her and you all were missed on the cruise. We could hardly eat the first day, then we got over it and gained 5 lbs. Punishment for going without you guys. Hope you are doing well without setta. I'll try to call soon.
Post a Comment