Thursday, June 18, 2009

12 Days and Counting

My doctor said the other day that he'll induce me on the 30th, at 39 weeks! For those of you who have delivered your babies early (or even on time), you have no concept of how awesome this is. You may not know that Emily was three days late, and Dallin was 8 days late and weighed 8 lbs., 12 oz. I had to be induced with both. My doctor said that there's no need for me to go 41 weeks or deliver such a huge baby. So, there you have it! Our baby will be here in 12 days!

Here are some of the "prego" things that I'm SO looking forward to being done with - early!

  • Using the bathroom all the time, including during the night, due to a squished bladder.
  • Having everything about me being BIG; belly, ankles, hands, thighs, and pretty much the rest of me. I just feel so meaty and fleshy. Not too long ago the kids and I were reading "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" and came to the part that reads something like, "Now he wasn't hungry anymore. And he wasn't a little caterpillar anymore. He was a big, fat caterpillar." And Emily says, "Just like you, Mom!" Nice.
  • The nearly incessant heartburn. I only get it during pregnancy and it's awful. Half the time I get it when I haven't eaten anything for a long time, but it's especially bad when I lay on my right side.
  • The lovely pelvic exams at the doctor's office.
  • Only having two positions to lay in: on my left side or on my right side. And sometimes the right side isn't an option because of the heartburn.
  • My painful ligaments. With every pregnancy, I've had terrible pain in the ligaments in my inner thighs due to the stretching that happens as my belly grows. It's come earlier and has been more painful with each pregnancy. It kills all the time, especially when I move, and makes normal things nearly impossible to do because of the pain. Walking, getting up, any lifting of my legs (shaving and putting pants on is awful), sitting in any position too long, laying in one position too long. The VERY worst is rolling over in bed. The pain nearly brings me to tears. It literally catches and makes a popping sound. I swear one of these days it'll just stay popped out of place. I remember getting the epidurals when laboring with Emily and Dallin was totally worth it just to be able to move my legs around and not have searing pain in them.
  • Having only two shirts and one pair of pants that fit anymore.
  • Hemorrhoids. Need I say more??
  • Not being able to bend over or snuggle with my kids. It'll be great not to have this huge belly in the way.

ONLY 12 DAYS TO GO!! WOO HOO!!

13 comments:

Jan said...

YAY! That's great news! You really do NOT look as bad as you feel!! Though that comment from Emily was really cute. I'm glad you'll be feeling better soon...congrats!

Leslie said...

Oh my gosh! You just pretty much described my pregnancies. That ligament pain is so miserable, I always end up sort of limping at the end because of it. Thanks for reminding me that I'm not ready for number 4 yet. Good luck with the upcoming birth. Hope its smooth sailing and that she's under 8lbs.

Brian and Heidi said...

Congrats on having the date! We are so excited to meet our new little niece and hope that all of the discomfort goes away quickly.
-H

Jill Freestone said...

good luck to you - hope its soon and nice for you. love the big fat caterpiller! sorry about the ligaments - I hear you on the pain issue - so sad!

Spencer and Jennifer Lee said...

Hooray! As another woman who has been 40+ weeks pregnant I am estatic for you! It's also so nice to actually have the real countdown, instead of "well, wait until your due date and then we'll schedule your induction"
As for your list of prego probs, AMEN! And, so sorry you have them. For me at least, the more miserable I got then less scared I was of the epidural/labor!

I can't wait to see how cute your next little one is! I'm voting for another redhead.

Gina said...

Glad the misery is almost over. The hungry caterpillar story made me laugh!

Benjamin said...

Can't wait for little whats-her-name to get here! You'll be out of your misery, and I'll get a new niece. Sounds perfect to me! See you in a few...

emily said...

Amy, I'm SO excited for you! When we read in the newsletter this week that you'd get to have the baby sooner, we were SO thrilled for you!

Congratulations!

The Jones Fam said...

Hey Amy,
I have bee thinking about you lately and I am glad to hear that your almost done with the prego pain. Unfortunatly it gets worst with every pregnancy, I have found. Something about getting old, lame. It looks like you guys are having some fun family adventures! So amazing! BTW you are going to love Tucson...we don't live there yet, but I think we'll like it...I let you know and find you a nice house that is close to us! Good luck with all the baby fun!
-Nat

Byron said...

Boy I wish I could be pregnant again, it is sooo fun. I've always hated women who have their babies early, so I get to start hating you. Unfortunately I had Lu 4 weeks early so I hate myself too. I really hated myself when after that I went 5 days over with samsam. I am so glad you get to go even a bit early. Good luck. Can't wait to see her on skype!

Broadbent Family said...

Isn't it nice when you are no longer counting months and finally counting days. It's stuff like that that makes it hard for me to want to get pregnant right away. But it sure is worth it in the end.

Becky said...

Wow, Amy you're a trooper! You're almost there! Can't wait to see pics of your newest cutie pie. :) Good luck!

Mandi said...

My friend, you just brought back enough memories for me to make waiting a lot (and I mean a lot) longer something I feel very strongly about. I'm so sorry that you are seriously at the worst part! I am so excited for you to have your little girlie! Thomas is almost 7 months now and I am completely in love. He is my gigantic headed, rolly-polly, squishy-squashy, happy-smiley little friend and I cannot get enough of him! I'm happy for you. When are you coming home? I miss you! Lets talk sometime soon!