Thanks to Mom Dixon, who volunteered to have the kids up for the weekend, Danny and I lived it up like no other. I called it "The Weekend of Amy" (like "The Summer of George" for you Seinfeld gurus) and it truly was my weekend: doing things on a whim*, throwing caution to the wind, and completely indulging myself in many ways. My kid-free weekend started Thursday morning when Mom and Ben met the kids and I at the Casa Grande outlets for the exchange of passengers - the halfway point between Mesa and Sahuarita. Once the kids were on their way to Grandma's, I had my chance to do some serious shopping all by myself*. It was awesome to stay as long as I wanted with no time or schedule restrictions*. I found some sweet deals too and it was a successful shopping trip. When Danny got home from work we had a very quiet, uninterupted dinner* and then a close set of tennis*, followed by a movie here at home.
happened I think since Dallin was born. It was strange and wonderful at the same time. I slept in*, ate breakfast, decorated the house, and hung pictures for the better part of the morning. Yes, it's taken me this long to do it. I went to the fitness center*, had lunch, finally showered, and got ready for our date*; the first one since moving here. Danny planned Friday's date and it consisted of eating at a Mexican restaurant (I even ordered the carne asada dish and ate it with my hands and tortillas like I used on the mish*) and going to the science center on U of A's campus to
see the planetarium. That is a cool place with a neat space and a mineral exhibits. The best part was going into a dome theater where they project the night sky and show you all sorts of stars, planets, and constellations. We even got to look through a giant telescope* to see the moon. It was a really fun date. When we got home we stayed up late* and watched some of the opening ceremonies of the Olymics that we'd recorded while eating peanuts and drinking Crystal Light* just because it sounded good to me.
opening ceremonies, had pancakes, and just lounged around. We made a much needed grocery store trip and decided last minute to go see a move in the theaters* - Dark Knight (really dark and violent, if you ask me). We hurried like never before and made it to our really good seats with about a minute to spare before the lights dimmed for previews. After that, we raced to our dinner reservation at Outback*, (thanks for the gift cards, Cathie) to start our second date, the one that I'd planned. Even though we were a few minutes late, they seated us right away. We had a TO DIE FOR dinner and I even orded my steak medium*! After dinner we raced again to La Encatada
Mall (a really high-end mall in north Tucson) to see the local Brian Dean Trio play some blues music*. We got there right as they were tuning up their instruments and we decided to watch from the second level of the mall for free instead paying $20 to watch up close. They were fun to watch and we had a good time making a lot of jokes about them. The weather was extremely pleasant* to top it off and it was a super fun date. 
11 comments:
This sounds like the best weekend ever! When does Mom Dixon want to take Blake? We are available whenever she is!! I am so glad you got a little break for some "me time".
I love it! Sounds awesome. And I completely appreciate the asterisks with the follow up explanation at the end. Sweet
What an awesome weekend! And what an awesome grandma for makin' it happen! Yes, Haylee will be a year old September 28th. Crazy!
Wow! How awesome is that! I'm about ready for a weekend like that! Hmmmm...maybe I'll pawn the boys off on my mom this weekend!
Don't you wish you had a photographer for times like that? You'd love to get pictures of both of you without having to get the wonky angle from holding the camera.
Mom Dixon is so great!
I'm so glad you both got some R&R! It's really needed when you have little munchkins! Julie is wonderful and I know she loves your kids dearly. Your kiddos are so big since the last time I saw them. Emily wouldn't even recognize Carson. He could be her little buddy now...but I don't know that she likes little buddies :) We would love to see you guys. Maybe on my next hiatas! Be in touch!
Love the notable quotables...had to steal that idea. Hope you don't mind :) We need your e-mail. You can send it through our website so you don't have to post it. www.BetterHomeInteriors.com Just go to the contact us link.
Wow I'm jealous. How nice to have a weekend alone. I'm not sure I know what that feels like anymore. I'm trying to guilt my mom into taking my kids for me sometime. Here's hoping.
Well that just sounds like the most fabulous thing ever! That actually sounds like more fun to me than going on an elaborate vacation. I am so jealous, but it sounds like it was much needed for you guys. What a nice mom! Um, I don't know if I should be asking this, but are you pregnant? Peanuts and Crystal Light "because it sounded good to me". Pretty suspicious my friend. You don't have to tell if you are, but you know me, nosey rosey. I am glad you guys are doing so good. We have turned into bonefied losers since you left. I hope life keeps being good to you. Love ya!
I was so jealous, but so happy for you guys. I'm glad we got to hear the run down in person, on the computer camera. It's so fun to see your expressions and all. We definitely need to do a GAW in November together....I can't stop thinking about it!
oh yeah, I finally posted. Yeah, don't fall out of your chair!
Post a Comment