Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Break Kick-off


To start our spring break off, we had visitors a couple of weeks ago!  My mom, my sister, and her two boys came for a couple of days at the tail end of their spring break.  We had a terrific time together.


The weather was perfect for being outside. 

Bubbles were a favorite.




Day 2 we went to the zoo.  I just love our zoo.




Spring is in the air! A male peacock was trying to impress the ladies. I've always wanted to see a peacock in all it's feathery glory.  It was beautiful.








Hannah battled a fever their entire visit.  She'd go back and forth between her perky self and utter misery when the meds would wear off.  She went down hill fast on the drive home. Poor baby.

The kids loved playing in the sprinklers.


Having visitors definitely called for THE CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN!  It was a huge hit and we ate ourselves silly.




 Every kid had mustaches and goatees of chocolate by the end. Love it!




The day they left was St. Patrick's Day.  My little red-headed Irish lad and lassies (and the rest of us) donned green and we ate an all green breakfast thanks to our handy green food coloring.
Green pancakes...

...green grapes...

...green eggs...

...and green milk.

The kiddos loved it.



 Baby Belle's shirt reads "I'm a wee bit Irish" and it has a little red-headed girl on it.  I couldn't pass it up last spring when I found it on clearance for $2.80.  I only wish I'd have found one for Megamoo too.

We're so glad you came, guys!

1 comment:

Benjamin said...

No sense in trying to play "Where's Waldo" with Dallin in a crowd. He's easy to spot! Love the posts Amy. Thanks!