Thursday, March 29, 2012

Spring Break 2012

The kids and I spent most of our spring break up in Mesa and it was great.  We stayed at my mom's house, but spent the daytime hours between my two sisters' houses.  I loved the late nights chatting with my mom and the kids enjoyed playing with cousins.

Emily and Lucy: two cute girls who right away made themselves over into "pop stars".  They certainly look the part!
 
 
 

Dallin and Sam: two cute boys (who happened to both be in dire need of haircuts).
 

The kiddos (mine especially) spent a lot of time looking for and playing with Lucky, the neighbor's friendly cat.

 

One thing I still am really sad about is living away from both sets of grandparents.  I love when my kids get to have interaction with them.
 
 

Megan and Suzy: two more cute girls who spent their time playing "babies" together.  I loved this little exchange between them.  We were trying to get them to stand next to each other for the picture.  Suzy 
wasn't quite sure what we wanted her to do.
   
I think my mom told Meg to put her arm around Suzy.
 
Suzy wondered what Megan was doing touching her back.
 
Then Megan realized Suzy was looking at her and she turned to look at Suzy.
 
It made them both smile.
 

Hannah and Suzy played peek-a-boo with each other. 
 
 
The kids were starting to be a little whiney/unhappy/quarrelsome.  My mom and I thought it prudent to do something about it.  So we took the kids on a kind of long, rather warm walk in the neighborhood to see some horses that used to be on someone's property.  They key phrase here is used to be.  Bummer.
 
 
One of my VERY, most FAVORITE things on earth is the sweet aroma of orange blossoms and how it permeates the air come springtime in Mesa.  Citrus trees are very plentiful there and each was in full bloom. The scent of the air was absolutely delicious. 
 

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

Hermana
That cat picture is amazing, and I don't even like cats. You should enter it in a contest. It really is beautiful. Wow. Very impressed!

Mandi said...

I miss you, just so you know.