....when you haven't seen more than a few sparse blades of it in almost a year and a half.
Well, that changed recently when WE GOT GRASS!!!
Phase I of Project Back Yard is just about finished. Our yard went from looking like utter deslolation....
....to this! It's GREEN and it's lovely. It even smells like a golf course.
You see, around here people like to keep things looking "natural", which equates to BROWN and spiney and rocky things everywhere. Our neighborhood HOA won't even permit residents to grow grass in the front yard. From googlemaps one can see in our area only 1 out of 5 or 6 homes have grass in the back yard. Most opt for pools over grass. So, to look out our windows and see something GREEN is a beautiful sight for brown-sore eyes. I did double-takes the first few days.
The process went like this: We hired out putting in the sprinkling system and decorative curbing around the yar. Then one Saturday, Dan's brother and a bunch of friends from the ward came over to lay the sod with Dan. 6 pallets worth equals 300 rolls of sod. They worked hard and did a great job. A big thanks to them for all their help!
Woo hoo! We love it and we have big plans for the yard. Besides having lots of space to soon play volley ball, bad minton, soccer, T-ball, croquet, bocce ball, and other yard games, the remaining phases of Project Back Yard include putting in a flower garden, an edible garden, flowering/green shrubs, shade trees, and citrus trees. We also will be getting a swingset and perhaps a trampoline down the road. We are EXCITED!!
5 comments:
You are going to be so happy to see your green grass everyday! The contrast is startling!
Yeah! I am so happy for you!!! Looks awesome :)
I am glad you got your grass! It is a big difference. I would be tired of all that brown too! Can't wait to see how it all transforms over time. i think your plans sound awesome! :)
Hermana!
I wanted to send you some Christmas cheer after reading about your horrible toe injury:( He he he. Would you mind sending me your address so I can send you a Christmas card. My email address is ashlee.ard@gmail.com
Thanks a mil!
How exciting! I think a yard should always have grass, there's just something about walking barefoot in it. Love it!
Post a Comment