In spite of inheriting poor dancing genes from her parents, Emily started a little dance class today. Her first exposure to any sort of real dancing. She's smart as all get out, but bless her heart, when it comes to rhythm, dancing, and athletic coordination, Emily is, well....how should I put it? I guess I'd say those things don't come naturally to her. In this case, she's very much starting from scratch.
We want to expose our kids to various activities throughout their childhood and we think now is the perfect time for Emily. She is excited to try dancing and I'm glad for her to be learning something totally new and something outside her natural talent (though she doesn't know it).
I didn't stay for the whole class today, but what I saw were some floor stretches, some standing stretches, practicing a few dance moves across the floor, and then some steps to music. Watching her made me chuckle a little inside, but I undoubtedly admired her willingness to try. When class was over, she said she liked it and she told Daddy that she was good at it.
![]() |
| > |
And not to worry. We're going to get her a leotard asap.




5 comments:
Good for Emily! She will do great, especially with that optimistic outlook! I think her tutu is adorable.
Keep up the good work, Emily! I know she'll enjoy it. I bet she was the star of the show with that colorful number she had on!
What a cute tutu! I saw your comment on Bianca's post . . . don't quit your blog! Turn it into a book--it's your family history.
I'm glad to know my daughter's not the only one who will never be a ballerina :) It's quite humorous really (the sad thing is she's got some great moves if she didn't have standards!)
I'm impressed! I always thought you were a great dancer, Hermana. He he he. Don't buy her a leotard, that skirt is too adorable. And, I can't believe your kids start school so early. Out here, they get out later and go back later. Do you like having them in school or miss them after summer?
Post a Comment