Monday, May 2, 2011

Easter 2011

This year we got to have Grandma and Grandpa Dixon for Easter. They were in town from Colorado to see their newest baby granddaughter born a couple of weeks ago. Aunt Stacy came from Mesa and it was a grand old time.

We dyed eggs on Friday.












Every year we ask the Easter Bunny to come a day early. He always graciously accomodates, so on first thing on Saturday, the kids found candy and plastic eggs filled with candy to put in their baskets. You gotta love the jammies and bed-head.















Our tradition on Easter Sunday is to have an Easter devotional. It consists of the kids opening plastic eggs filled with things that remind us of the Savior (ie. thorns, rope, dice, cloves, a nail, etc.) We discuss each one. The last egg is empty to, of course, symbolize the empty tomb.
We felt the spirit as we taught and testified of the glorious Resurrection.






5 comments:

Shaunte' said...

I love your easter ideas. And the quotes on the side... fabulous!

Peeser said...

I love that you also do the Saturday Easter basket/hunt thing- my parents did that with us, and as an adult, I have come to appreciate even more how they tried to allow the spiritual side to have its full due by putting all the secular stuff the day before...

Glad it was a lovely Easter from the looks of it!

Anonymous said...

What fun traditions! Look at Megan! I can't believe how big she is getting and I LOVE those curls! Laney has them too. I am hoping they will stay, but not so sure.

Quincy Sorensen said...

I love your Easter fun and cute pictures! Thanks for checking on us during the tornado aftermath. We got our internet back today. I know you're glad you missed this one.

Ashlee said...

Such adorable pictures! Also- i just saw that your brother won the film contest and visitor's choice! i voted for him because his was so good!