Saturday, February 19, 2011

Two Months


Since that first night of sleeping a good, long stretch, here's what this baby girl has done: 6 hours, then 8 hours, and last night was 9 hours! I am feeling GOOD! Over the past four days she's also improved her daytime sleep tremendously since I started playing piano hymns from the ipod in her room during naps. The difference has been like night and day, and I'm so very thrilled about that. For those that wonder, I've tried to follow guidelines from a book called "On Becoming Babywise" with all my babies. This go around, I've also read "The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer". Both help establish a proper routine, which assists in forming good sleeping habits among other things. I'd recommend both books to anyone with a baby.

Hannah performed perfectly for the doctor at her well visit, smiling and cooing up a storm. She weighs 10 pounds, 14 ounces (50%) and is 23 inches long (75%).

4 comments:

Leslie said...

I love those 2 books! The Baby Whisperer is especially a favorite. It totally helped me through my first child. I can't believe you have such a great sleeper at such a young age. She is such a pretty baby!

Natalie said...

Yay for Hannah! What a great sleeper and a super cute 2 month old.

Ashlee said...

Your pictures are amazing, Hermana! What kind of camera do you have? I think I might check out those books from the library! Thanks for the advice:)

Shaunte' said...

Yay for sleep! I'm impressed! I also recommend "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" It is so amazing and it works... Hannah is such a cutie!