Tonight I really ought be working to put our house together. But I'm tired of unpacking and sorting through boxes. And, quite frankly, I'm just plain tired. So instead I'm posting about our big, exciting moving day.
We closed on our house on the 21st and had some professionals come in to paint most of the downstairs a few days later. We opted months ago to keep our all of our belongings moved from Dallas in storage with the moving company, so in our apartment we'd been using the bare minimum generously loaned or donated by many family members. Literally the only thing we brought from Texas was two weeks' worth of clothes in suitcases since we thought we'd have a home to live in after a month or so. Anyway, the moving guys came and brought everything on the 29th. The real work for us began on the 30th and we had fantastic helpers in the form of all of Danny's siblings. We got so much done and unpacked that day, and we couldn't have done it without them. So thank you Stacy, Ben, Mike, and Emily!!
Here are some photos I took the day before the movers came.

My favorite part is this Nacho Libre chapel they put on. Yeah, we're hoping to get that changed (if the HOA okays it).

The entry way.

From the reverse position.
The hallway off the entry way to the garage, the laundry room, a bathroom, and a bedroom.
Part of the laundry room. I think I'll love my sink and cabinets in there.

Part of the laundry room. I think I'll love my sink and cabinets in there.

We opted for an additional bedroom downstairs instead of having a den or extending the family room. For now, it will be a play room.
We also opted to make this downstairs bathroom a full bathroom instead of just a powder room. 
The kitchen. I love it. The red is not as bright in real life. And someday I want to stain the cabinets a much darker brown.

The kitchen. I love it. The red is not as bright in real life. And someday I want to stain the cabinets a much darker brown.
Looking into the kitchen from the family room.

Looking into the family room from the kitchen.


Looking into the family room from the kitchen.

Upstairs is the master bedroom and bathroom.


And the kids' rooms. I'm so thrilled for Megan to be in a crib and a real bedroom instead of the playpen and our stuffy, little, pitch-black closet she resided in for the past four months.

And happy for Emily and Dallin to have actual beds to sleep on instead of the air mattresses they've been using since we left Dallas the end of May.

A view of the backyard from the house. Soon we hope to have grass and a swing set for the kids. And later shade trees, citrus trees, flowering shrubs, and an edible garden. As for now, you'll just have to use your imagination.
There you have it. We feel so blessed to finally have this home. We are definitely hoping to share it with others, so come on down for a visit!


And the kids' rooms. I'm so thrilled for Megan to be in a crib and a real bedroom instead of the playpen and our stuffy, little, pitch-black closet she resided in for the past four months.

And happy for Emily and Dallin to have actual beds to sleep on instead of the air mattresses they've been using since we left Dallas the end of May.

A view of the backyard from the house. Soon we hope to have grass and a swing set for the kids. And later shade trees, citrus trees, flowering shrubs, and an edible garden. As for now, you'll just have to use your imagination.
There you have it. We feel so blessed to finally have this home. We are definitely hoping to share it with others, so come on down for a visit!






12 comments:
Wow I love your huge kitchen! All the counter space and cabinets are making me jealous. I'm so happy that you guys have a house now!
Oh, It's beautiful. How exciting for you. I love the red. Good luck getting settled. That is always the tough part. Enjoy.
so happy for you! enjoy!
Looks awesome! Unpacking can be a really tiring task, I don't blame you for wanting to blog instead! good luck with getting it all done.
Look at your beautiful new home! And all that wonderful living space. I'm so happy for you. Good luck getting all unpacked and settled.
Yeah Ames!! Looks awesome with SO much room! Good luck with baby coming!
Look at your mansion in the desert! I love it. So roomy! So glad you are in the new house!
What a great house, and all that space!! So happy you get to settle into your new beggings and your own home! I'm so excited for you guys!
The house is awesome. I love it and couldn't be happier for you guys to get settled. Runion 2013??
Beautiful! Lots of room and I love your plans for the backyard!!
I love your house! Thank you for posting so many great pictures; I can imagine your new, happy life!
Yeah! I love it! I am so excited for you guys, and can't wait to see it once you are all moved in! Congratulations!
Post a Comment