Megan's weekly check-up with the craniologist was today. Our wonderful clinician, Julie, only had positive things to say about her progress. I was relieved since I felt we got Megan off to a slow start wearing her helmet for 23 hours a day. We had to go back into the office the day after she got it on to get potentially harmful pressure points shaved out of the inside of the helmet. She couldn't wear it very much till that was taken care of. During the week, though, I could see Megan's head looking more round in the back and Julie said it was looking great. In comparison to the tangible mold of Megan's head, a big difference can be seen already. When Julie measured Megan's head she said it had changed by an "astounding" 2mm (the norm is 1 mm.). She said Megan's progress is ahead of what was expected. So woo hoo for our little helmet-head!! Oh, I put some stickers on the helmet to add a little femininity to it. :)
A couple Saturdays ago, we had our first movie night featuring "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". We really talked it up to the kids and they loved it all. For dinner Danny made meatballs and spaghetti. For the movie, we blew up our air matress and got all cozy with our pillows and blankets. Danny also made his oh-so-delicious popcorn to go with our Reese's Pieces and gummy bears. Even Baby got to join us for some of it before she went to bed. Dallin and Emily loved getting to stay up a little later to watch the show and they loved the unrestricted eating of the snacks. It was a really great evening and we'll do it again soon.


Dallin got a T-ball set for Christmas. Yesterday the weather was great for trying it out. It was both Emily and Dallin's first time swinging a bat, etc. Emily finally got some swings in with some "umph" behind them after we challenged her to swing the bat faster. Dallin's still were pretty wimpy, but we'll keep working with him. :) They enjoyed it, though.
We tried not to disturb our "pet" rabbit, Bun Bun, while we were playing ball.
11 comments:
A delightful post, so happy for Megan's progress. I love the movie night picture.
THat's so funny- we just had our first movie night- we also watched "cloudy with a chance" but Jackson hated the movie and said he never wanted to have movie night again. So he's a little dramatic, huh! But it was a weird movie with an ending that was way too intense for little kids- so I kinda don't blame him.
Love the stickers!
What a sweet little baby! Megan is going to have the best shaped head on the block in no time at all. Glad to see y'all are doing great and having a lot of fun.
Hi Amy! So glad to have see how your family is doing. Megan is a doll and movie night looks like so much fun. We have family moving to Dallas this week. Not sure what part put it is a small world. Have a great week.
she looks adorable. I kind of wish we did one for Isaac because his head is a little flat in back, but they said it should round out. Well it did, but not as much as I think it should have. Now he's 5 and it's too late for that.
The flowers make it darling. And do you share popcorn recipes? And it's so funny that your rabbit is the same nick name Johnny gives me - for my buns of steel, of course :)
So fun! We love family movie nights, need to do another one soon, it's been a while. Love the update.
I love the stickers! Cute idea! I'm glad all is going well with Megan. My kids have been begging me to see that movie...I like the idea to have speghetti, then watch it!! Fun!
I like the stickers! Glad she is progressing so quickly. Movie night looked like fun. We took our kids to see their first movie, some Ocean one in 3-D at the IMAX by our fav. museum. Unfortunately they hated seeing all the fish eat each other in 3-D (who knew? I thought it was for kids) Maybe we'll try again with different movie.
I'm glad to hear the bunny survived, at least for the time being. That's great to hear about Megan's progress with the helmet. We love movie nights too! We haven't seen Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs but we will have to give it a try next time.
We are glad there is good news about Megan and see her cute little face and head :) She is a doll. It is so much fun to have the family growing up and enjoying movie nights together. Miss you.
Dad and Jen
Post a Comment