What a great weekend! I love General Conference! I love that it consumes our entire weekend. Our kids did so well. We had Conference Bingo sheets for them both, but it was Emily who really paid attention, listening hard for those words on the sheet. We got to listen well to all the talks and I didn't even fall asleep! All the sessions were so wonderful and every talk inspiring. I especially loved Elder Bednar's talk and I have set some goals for things that I can improve on in our family. I can't wait to listen to them again (from our computer while I get ready in the mornings) because I definitely need the review. How blessed we are to be taught by living prophets and apostles!
As a side note, for the last few conferences, we've had home evenings about Gereral Conference the Monday before. I like it and think we'll always do it, maybe making it a tradition. Do any of you have pre-, during-, or post-conference traditions or activities to make it more meaningful for your families? Especially any geared toward young children?
1 comment:
sheesh, I guess I'm the only spiritual one around here. When we get our conference ensign, we read an article everday (or try) during our scripture study time along with the BOM. We highlight it and choose our favorites and set goals from it...at least that is how I always envision it going in my mind...the reality is a little fuzzy. so when are you guys moving?
-Nat
Post a Comment