Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time Flies

They say time flies when you're having fun - or maybe when you're just really busy with a bunch of little kids! Time really is flying because both apply to me: I'm really busy with my three kiddos and I'm having fun (most of the time). Megan is 8 weeks old today and I wonder where the time has gone. She is now smiling like crazy and I love talking to her because I can see in her little face she's totally engaged. She tries to talk back now and then with a "coo" or an "ooh". It's really cute. We were at the doctor the other day for a rash and she weighed in at 10lbs., 11oz., exactly 4 pounds more than her birth weight. Those four pounds are definitely showing too. Her face is round now and she's got a double chin. Her legs have some chub on them and she's not swimming in her clothes anymore. We're still working on her falling asleep on her own in her bed. It's often hit and miss, but she's getting better at either just falling asleep quietly or only crying for a couple of minutes. Progress is also being made during the night. We've had many nights of 5 hour stretches between feedings and sometimes it's even longer. But then she'll only go 3 1/2 or 4 hours the next night, which is frustrating because I get my hopes up for long stretches consistantly. Last night, though, was a record 6 1/2 hours! I'm just hoping for the full 8 hours soon. The only difficulties we encounter are the late afternoon and evenings when she sleeps in short spurts accompanied by lots of crying. Of course, if we hold her constantly she's fine and sleeps pretty well. Somehow she knows when we lay her down and she lets us know that is unacceptable. Other than that, she's a really happy, sweet, easy baby. I only regret that she gets bigger and less newborn-ish every day. Soon she'll be mobile and won't like being cuddled all the time. Until then, I'll get in all that I can and cherish that my shirts have her smell on them even when I'm not holding her.
























7 comments:

Brian and Heidi said...

She is looking so big! I love her gorgeous eyes so wide open. The cooing is such a sweet stage.
PS I commented on your previous post - sorry for the delay!
-Heidi

Jill Freestone said...

wow, check out the coordinated bows with outfits - that baby's got style!

Benjamin said...

beautiful girl. i wanna come visit again soon! i can't stand being away from those kids!

Jan said...

Oh, she doesn't even look eight weeks! I love Megan's chubby cheeks! And bless YOUR heart for those 5 days! I am glad you had Heidi there! I loved her hairdos!

Byron said...

From the sound of this post, it seems you're ready for another one!! :)

Kudos to you for keeping up on the blogging, someday I'll get motivated again....

Great picts, she darling. Can I dream of another girl someday or would that be crazy thinking????

emily said...

She is just SO beautiful! I love looking at the pictures!

Leslie said...

What a cutie! Almost making me baby hungry. . . and then I remember my crazy toddler. I'm good now. I love the red hair. I would never have guessed that you and Danny would have red heads. So lucky!