Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hot Air Balloons

We crossed another thing off our "Things to do in Alabama" list today: going to the annual Alabama Jubilee, the whole point being getting to see all the hot air balloons. We've looked forward to taking Dallin and Emily to this for months, knowing they'd love seeing the balloons. The highly unfortunate part is that due to the weather, no one was allowed to launch their balloons and do the balloon race. We were bummed! On the positive side, a few people inflated them so in the end we got to be right up close to hot air balloons. While we were waiting for that, though, there were other things to do. Emily and Dallin saw a little ride and immediately wanted to try it. They loved it. Danny said seeing Emily's face and hearing her laugh during the ride was totally worth how much we paid for them to ride it. I, of course, couldn't ride it, but I could see from where I was that both kids were having a great time on it. Emily chose to ride it again while Dallin rode a pony. They did some finger painting, and we all enjoyed some pizza and a snow cone. It turned out to be a good a time as we'd hoped, especially since the rain stopped when we arrived and started up again when we were leaving, a definite tender mercy.















































































5 comments:

Benjamin said...

Sad the balloons didn't get to launch. That would have been really cool. By the way, have you noticed how big Dallin is getting! He's pretty tall these days!

Jenifer said...

That looks like so much fun!

Byron said...

Hot air balloons are something that totally intrigue me, I really want to ride one someday. Super fun to be that upclose and personal. Dallin looks thrilled to be held by that hot air balloon man. Looks like you guys are not missing a beat! So fun!

emily said...

I LOVE looking at those cute kids of yours with the balloons. SO much fun!

I also have to say I LOVE your top! It's adorable.

Andy said...

You guys do lots of fun stuff, can I come live with you? :-)