Monday, February 9, 2009

6948 Miles in 8 Days...Whew!!

We had a whirlwind travel schedule last week with the main intent being to look for a house out in Alabama. We left our house in Sahuarita on a Friday and headed to my mom's in Mesa to stay the night. The next day we flew to Denver to see my in-laws and their new house (they just moved from Mesa a few weeks ago). We were there a couple of days, then Danny and I flew to Huntsville, Alabama. We spent about 48 hours there, walked through 8 homes, and left with one of them secured as ours to rent when we move there in three weeks. Then we flew back to Denver to spend a couple more days with my in-laws. On Saturday morning, we flew back to Phoenix and made the to two-hour drive back to Sahuarita that afternoon. We had a great time everywhere we went - nice people, good food, new sights. It was especially good for the kids to spend a week with their grandparents. We're thrilled about our new house and our new city, and we couldn't have made the trip without the help of my in-laws in tending the kids. Thanks, Mom and Dad!!





Our future home in Madison, AL









We took the kids one day to the Denver Children's Museum and they LOVED it.







































6 comments:

Bethany and Cameron said...

Such a cute house! How fun to go live in a totally new place!

Dave and Stephanie said...

that's a lot of miles. cute house! sorry we missed you. next time...

Benjamin said...

It's amazing to me how much everybody changes in a month! Everybody looks so good! I can't wait to come visit you guys in Alabama!!

Broadbent Family said...

What a fun adventure you guys are going to have. Living far from family is hard, but I think that it makes your family stronger because you turn to eachother. How nice to be able to be gone for only 8 months. It's almost like a vacation. I love the house.

Jan said...

Fun! That looks like a great house in AL! By the way, we created a new blog and turned it private. I resent the invite to Danny's hotmail account. Crazy you guys will be moving in 3 weeks...can't wait to hear where we're going!

Jenifer said...

I love the house! Am am sad that I won't be able to run into you at Kohls or anywhere else anymore ;). It looks like you all had tons of fun. I really like the pic of Emily and her little shopping cart. So cute.