Tuesday, June 14, 2011

San Diego Trip Part 2

The next day we went to the Safari Park. It's like the zoo, but more interactive and they have a huge "savannah" where many African animals roam together. It was cool.



The carousel ride. Turns out Megan does not like carousels.



They have a spot where you can buy nectar and feed lorikeets. It was one of the highlights of the park. At first Emily was TOTALLY freaked out. Who wouldn't be with multiple birds flying and flapping right at you? Then she got to where she could sort of relax.








Dallin liked it.


The petting area had deer.






Cute Meg, tired after being up late throwing up the night before.


Proof to posterity that I really was on the trip.


This was another highlight: the cheetah. They brought it out and walked it right past us. We could've touched it. He was beautiful.










The bird show was neat.







This gorilla was about to be a mama. She was on 24-hour watch because she could deliver any day. It was amazing watching them.





The trip was a terrific one, though the ride home was not as smooth as on the way there. 3 days of catnaps had taken its toll on poor Hannah. There was lots of crying, stopping the car, and praying (even a little barfing by Megan again). It was all totally worth it and we have some fun memories.

7 comments:

Tim and Mandi said...

Very cool Amy, I didn't even know about this place! I love your pictures and I love love you hair in the picture...so dang cute!

Karen said...

So sad that the little one was sick. I love seeing San Diego. It's a fun place to visit.

Michele said...

Great pictures and it sounds like you guys had a blast...well except for the puking part! We loved San
Diego too, you are making memories that the kids will remember forever!

Brian said...

What, do you work for national geographic? I mean, great photography! I especially love the shots of the animals. Great work.

Quincy Sorensen said...

The picture of the gorilla has me laughing . . . wouldn't you want to just sit down and collapse beside a rock at 9 months pregnant?! So glad your family had a great vacation. (We just got back from Destin, yay for family vacations!)

Mandi said...

How fun Amy! I so want to go there with my kids. That looked like a blast! We have never taken our kids on any kind of vacation. We are planning a trip to Disneyland in the fall though. Oh, how I miss you. Your picture with your cute braids (for posterity) was adorable!

Jan said...

The Safari looked really cool...especially feeding the lorakeets! What a treat! And isn't the weather just dreamy in San Diego? Some days, like today, I dream of SD weather! :)