Friday, April 2, 2010

Poor Baby!


This week I've been up to my armpits in POOP! Poor Megan has had some sort of bug that's going around and has been pooping like crazy. Mind you, this is just two weeks after recovering from bronchitis, complete with breathing treatments. If having diarrhea weren't bad enough, it's caused severe diaper rash. The yeasty kind that creates open sores, etc. So, we've been washing her little bunsies in the bath every time she has a messy diaper (like 6 or 7 times a day) and have used all sorts of ointments and creams and things: hydrocortisone, Lansinoh, Desitin, buttermilk, jock itch cream, Aquaphor, and Maalox. We finally got a prescription from the doctor yesterday to use four times a day, but she still recommends using Maalox and a mixture of Aquaphor and the jock itch stuff in between. She also gave us a probiotic to sprinkle in her food to get the good bacteria back in Megan's tummy and soy formula to use for a few days (she's FINALLY taking a bottle - twice a day!!). Whew! Is anyone else tired??
Of course, because Megan is the happiest baby ever, you wouldn't even know anything's wrong with her. In spite of every nap being interrupted by a bowel movement and sores all over her little bunsies, she's as pleasant as can be. We're crossing our fingers she gets over all this soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor kiddo! I hope that it gets better quickly for her sake and yours. Laney has had a little virus like that this week and poor kid is sore too. She normally never fusses, but as soon as I start changing her she starts to fuss a bit.

Karen said...

I am feeling bad for her and you. Seriously no fun at all. Good luck.

Broadbent Family said...

That is the worst. You feel so bad for them. I hope she feels better soon. She is adorable Amy.

Quincy Sorensen said...

I hope she is better now. She is a cute cute baby!

Jan said...

Awww, that just breaks your heart when they are so sick and have sores and rashes on their tush! Have you tried Acid Mantle? It's not Rx but you have to get it from the Pharmacist behind the counter. It helped when Sam had something similar a few years back. Anyway, it sounds like she was a trooper!

kg said...

Oh my goodness, she sure is cute and I don't think I've ever heard that many ointments used...hope it's all better soon!