The weather was just perfect and playing outside was one thing all the kids loved doing.

We went to the library for story time another morning.

We went to the Dallas Aquarium on St. Patrick's Day. It's a really good one and we had fun.
A few of the animals we saw.
After dinner, we made shamrock sugar cookies for the kids to frost. Yummy.
On Thursday morning we made a big breakfast, the highlight being Heidi's home made buttermilk syrup. It's exceptional.
On Friday we went to the Heard Museum. 

When the kids were in bed was when the good stuff really happened - way into the early hours of the morning. Heidi said she and Brian would do all the desserts. They made Hello Dollies, Chocolate Pudding Cake, and Caramel Popcorn. Delicious! We also watched two movies: "The Cove" (just won best documentary at the Oscars) and "Amelia". A quick shout-out to our Clear Play machine. I LOVE IT! The favorite part for everyone was the game tournament. We played a few rounds of 10 different games over three nights and kept track of everyone's points during each game. The winner of each game got 4 points, second place got 3, third place got 2, and last place got 1. We tallied up all those points and it was determined that Heidi was the winner, of course!


11 comments:
Um, I want in on a game tournament next time I visit! That sounds like a blast. Also, there is a pick with you (Amy) holding Dallin and the both of you are looking up. I think that is such a cool pic! Sounds like y'all had a blast.
love all the collages! looks like such a fun week!
what a party ! sounds like you're ready for a vacation from all the parting
Wow, I haven't heard of half those games, where have I been? Looks like a lot of fun!
So fun! We stayed i town this year, and I loved every minute of being IN TOWN. I think next yr. we will do an Arizona staycation, and get to know our state a little better.
This sounds like a very FUN visit. I love all the pictures and the cute collages.
Your sweet baby girl, Megan is absolutely adorable in her 8 month old pictures.
Now THAT is a full vacation- sounds like so much fun. I am really jealous of the game tournament (I see you have the Quiddler- I own that game, but can never get anyone in my family to actually try it out with me... :(
I love the pictures! (Where on earth did Dallin get that adorable red hair?!)
Glad to hear the weather is cooperating a little more these days... :)
What a great post. I was planning on doing a similar one, since we have the same pictures. Thanks for saving me the time!
We loved the late nights and the reminscing of the good 'ol days. I also loved the wonderful Texas restaurants. It was a great trip. Thanks for being such great hosts. Everyone should have a chance to stay at the Dixon Dynasty Hotel. The price is a deal and your room doubles as a play room for the kids!
It looks like you guys had so much fun. Danny must have been able to get a few days off of work to play with everyone. Heidi told me all about the trip and how much fun it was so it was nice to see some pictures to go along with what she said. I love the idea about the running game score. Fun, I will have to do that this summer with Cindy.
As always, I think that the kids look so cute.
Excited to hear if you will be heading back to AZ.
Cathie
What a fun Spring Break. We always love when family comes to visit. I can't wait till spring comes our way. I am ready for warm weather. I love all the pictures.
Hey, we love Clearplay, too:) LOVE IT.
Post a Comment