We officially heard word today that our next rotation will take us to Huntsville, Alabama. We are SO EXCITED and have wanted this location for a very long time. I, as the tag-along in this whole moving-every-8-months thing, have never been to the South, and when I heard that there was a spot down there as a possibility, I really wanted to try it out. I kept putting a bug in Danny's ear. For whatever reason, I think actually living there would be so much fun. And hey, it's only for eight months. If it stinks, then we only have to stick it out for that long, right? From Danny's perspective, he's also wanted to try the South. Plus, after talking to another Raytheon guy who recently finished his rotation in Huntsville and to his would-be supervisor down there, he says the job sounds absolutely fantastic (in his opinion, the best job that any of the business units have available). We'll most likely move in late February and will be there till late October. We're hoping to head out there for a house-hunting trip in the next couple of weeks. Alabama, here we come!
Sheet Pan BBQ Chicken Nachos
1 day ago
11 comments:
ALABAMA!! It sound like a super fun adventure! I've never even been to the South. I'm excited to see all your pictures from there!
Wow - sounds exciting! When are you coming to Texas?
EXCITING! Congrats on being prego for a 3rd time! Hope you are feeling well. Let me know how the violin comes along-I've been trying to revive my playing for some time. So, Alabama-does this mean the kids will have a fun accent? I wish you the best out there!
Yay! The south is such a cool culture. PS I LOVE your hair in your side picture. You look so fantastic.
I'm glad you guys got it officially! Yay! I'll be excited to hear about it as well as moving for round 2!
Soooo exciting! So fun to try some place new! We really wanted to go somewhere other than the midwest the second time around, but I see now it was meant to be. Get a HUGE house because we want to come visit! You tried to make it sound like you were soooo far away (I'm sure deterring us from coming), but it is only a little over an 11 hour drive!! That's about what it used to be to go to SLC!! I totally think we should come for spring break in April!!!
Horray, horray, and congratulations! I'm so glad your baby is due in July and not August! The humidity can get to you after the dry dry West, but I'm sure you will just LOVE the experience.
I'm so excited for you guys!!!
Not to mention you will be by me!!
Congratulations! I think you guys will love it down here in the south. It's definately different than AZ but it's been a fun adventure for us too. Just practice saying "ya'll" a lot and you'll fit right in!
Fun!!! I'm not even sure I could find Alabama on a map! Is that in the United States? Just kidding. And congratulations on the new little one! That will be fun to have him/her born in Alabama. The South shall rise again!!!
Jake
I hope that you love Alabama! I hear that Huntsville is a great place. Andy's dad goes there for work sometimes and he loves it! We LOVE the South so far. It a great place to live, and the people are so nice. Good luck!
Post a Comment