We did our Christmas lesson for Family Home Evening the other day since we're not going to be at home for any more Mondays this month. We decided to try acting out the Nativity. It was kind of a last minute idea, courtesy of Danny (we're trying to be better at planning our FHE lessons more in advance) and it was a pretty simple and crude version. At the same time, the kids had fun and we did well inspite of our small numbers. Introducing the cast: A doll represented Baby Jesus; Emily was Mary; Dallin was Joseph; I was the narrator reading from Luke 2 and Matt. 2, the inn-keeper, and the angel; Danny was the donkey, a shepherd, and the wisemen (he wore three different tiarras at the same time to represent the three wisemen - very resourceful, if you ask me). We then sang a few Christmas hymns and to conclude, we watched the church video "The Nativity". It was a good, meaningful Home Evening we felt.

Notice Mary is "great with child" thanks to her stuffed pig.

In our version, Joseph got to ride the donkey too.

9 comments:
That's so cute! What a good way to have a meaningful FHE for Christmas! I love all the pictures!
I am laughing so hard, I have tears! That is so awesome!! I love that Danny was the donkey! You guys have the cutest family EVER!!
Super cute! Love it!! This year we have Crew as Joseph, Jersi as Mary, and Denim as Jesus. Somehow it worked out. I did get your card and your new address. Thank you! Super cute!
Sounds like tons of fun! Sounds like you guys are already making awesome family memories.
So great! I'm going to have to do that with my kiddos!
That is a cute idea! Thanks for sharing that with us!
Your kids are adorable. I can't wipe the smile off my face. I love the "great with child" pic. This is how good Christmas memories are made.
How adorable! We can't wait to do our Nativity on Christmas eve.
Oh-and I don't have your new numbers so I can't call you to come visit for a few minutes. Anyway-ours is 310-945-7978 or 310-945-7801.
Way fun! I can't believe my kids are old enough to do the entire nativity home evening. Jack and Max wanted to be in charge. Jack read from Luke and he and Max acted it out with the hand puppets. Lucy interjected quite often. Sam was the best: asleep!
It looked like Danny was great with child along with the kiddios... that's weird...
Post a Comment