Friday, November 14, 2008

Schnepf Farms

Over Halloween weekend, Grandma Dixon and Aunt Stacy took us to Schnepf Farms for a really fantastic day. They've got quite the set up out there from a roller coaster to pony rides to pig races to a train ride. It's similar to a carnival, but on a little smaller scale and with a farm feel to it. The kids had a great time trying most things out and we're still talking about it. Thanks, Mom, for such an exciting day!




The kids got their faces painted. Dallin got a spider.



Emily got a pumpkin.



The antique carousell was a favorite for them.

Emily loves pigs and was thrilled to ride one.



Emily rode Oreo the pony.




Dallin rode Snowflake. Poor guy, he was practically doing the splits with his little legs. I don't think he enjoyed the ride as much as Emily did.






Dallin had a good time feeding the goats. I was sure at any moment either he or Aunt Stacy would get a head butt from one of them.








Emily did not want to get in the cages with the animals. She was happy talking to this sheep from the outside.




Walking through some little "Water Conservation" maze.




Emily "helping" out during the pig races.



Then it was Dallin's turn.



With Daddy on the Bumble Bee ride.
With Grandma.

It was a pretty hot day and Stacy had the right idea staying in the shade.


Danny and I wanted to try out the swing ride.





The last ride of the day was the little train.

6 comments:

Bethany and Cameron said...

I am so excited for when Haylee is big enough to do all that fun stuff!:) You guys are such great parents--doin' all the exciting things with your kids!

The Jones Fam said...

Looks like fun. Your kids are so cute! We went to S-Farms once and Jake got to wear a pig nose...that's all I can remember. And your Ft. Wayne trip looks so fun!! Umm..I think we have driven through Ft. Wayne and maybe stayed a night there. I am glad you found fun things to do. I guess the best part is the company! And no kids! So fun!
-Nat

Benjamin said...

Your blog doesn't work right anymore. I've tried it on 3 different computers. It's all green, I can't read any of the quotes, and there is an annoying tag that says "upgrade to pro."

Byron said...

Hey, I'm glad I wasn't the only one having trouble with your blog. I couldn't ever get the comment board to come up (or I wasn't ever patient enough to wait...)
Love the s-farm picts, we too went there once, unfortunately there were no pig noses involved. Looks like you guys had fun. Miss you. I always think when mom is here we will talk more but it hasn't happened this time...bummer.

Melissa Grow said...

Good times! I would love to ride a pig! How's post-school life? Probably wonderful, I've still got a while to go!

Gina said...

Amy, I just checked out your blog and it looks great. :) No problems here!