The kids and I spent 10 days at my mom's in Mesa while Danny was in Boston for work. There was no way in HECK I was going to be down here without him for that long! We had so much fun spending time with both sides of the family and got lots of important things done (i.e. getting a haircut, buying new makeup, eating good food, going to the scrapbook store, seeing old friends). It seemed like we were on vacation since we were gone for so long and I was at my mom's (does anyone else turn into the child again and let their moms take over?). It was great, except having Danny gone, of course.
We met our friends, the Kings, at the library for "Pirate Day". They had a plank to walk, a pirate hat craft, a puppet show, a treasure chest, and a how-to-speak-pirate "class".
We had a fun time and the library did a great job.
We visited Uncle Brian and Aunt Heidi. The kids loved seeing their turtles, though Emily's not so sure about actually touching this one.
Dallin and Grandma. Dallin's making the weirdest face.
Dallin and cousin Ryan, who don't even look slightly related. But then again, neither do my own kids.
Emily making a funny string cheese face at Carrabba's. Mmmmm....good food.
Dallin and Grandpa Dixon at Rosa's. Mmmmm....more good food.
A big CONGRATULATIONS to Brian and Heidi as they welcomed Hunter Thomas Burnham into their family on September 12, 2008!!! He's a cutie and I loved holding that sweet, little guy.

7 comments:
Um Amy, I think you must have forgotten the pictures of your new haircut.... I really want to see it!
I may have just cried when I read about Brian and Heidi having their baby and naming him Hunter. What a great way to honor a wonderful women. And I'm sad I didn't see you while you were in town.
So jealous you got good food and got to be spoiled by Mom! Glad you had such a great time. Dallin and Ryan look soo different, it will be so fun to see all the kiddios together. I think no one would ever guess the six little ones came from 3 sisters. I seriously can't wait! The picture of mom and Emily is GREAT! How is the new makeup by the way (I finally remembered that is what I was going to call you about! I hate that I can't remember anything anymore)
That pirate thing at the library is a good idea! I'm sure those kids enjoyed that. I like the picture of my dad and Dallin the best. It is really cute!
Sounds like you had fun in Mesa! Did you know that September 26th is the national 'speak like a pirate' day.
Ummmmm.....Carrabas! Oh, I haven't been there in SO LONG! It's so sad being broke!
I love to let my mom take over! Grandmas are the best!
What a nice trip. One of these times you guys come to Mesa I would love to see you. It'd be fun to let our kids play together. We'll have to exchange email addresses or something.
Post a Comment