Sunday, January 27, 2008

January

Dallin is growing and achieving new milestones all the time. His most recent accomplishments are waving, clapping, dancing, playing peek-a-boo, and kicking upon our request - which means he's understanding what we're saying. It's very exciting. He's pulling himself up to standing position as well, and that means walking is not too far away. The photos above are of Dallin eating one of those buiscuts sticks that are really messy and of him hanging out at Chuck-E-Cheese's for a cousin's birthday party.

You can't beat bathtime fun!



Potty training round 2 went much more smoothly than last time. Reading to Emily that first day helped her get the hang of sitting on the potty for longer than two seconds. We've still got progress make, but over all she's done very well and stays dry more often than not. I've decided, however, that potty training is something I certainly don't enjoy doing.

6 comments:

Colette Goodman said...

Your kids are so cute. I love the picture of you reading to Emily. I told Cooper that potty training Hallee was my greatest accomplishment as a mother. Good luck. It will be so worth it.
And we are lame because we never see each other. What happened to ice cream days?
Oh yeah, we went private on our blog. If you want to see it, email me and I can put you on the list. colettegoodman@gmail.com

Broadbent Family said...

I thought I would check one more time to see if there was a January edition yet. Dallin is the cutest! Potty training is definitely not my favorite thing either. I carried around the small potty for a week or two everywhere I went. I would run her out to the car and let her go. Disposing of the stuff was the worst part, especially when I forgot she went in the potty and it poured all over me.

Byron said...

There's nothing better than naked bathtub pictures and naked potty pictures. We're seeing a theme here.. Loved seeing Dallin as a little dude with his spiked hair. So CUTE! Can't wait to see those kiddos!

Megs said...

Let me just say that I love the toilet pictures. Very classy!! I miss hearing from you. What's going on. I can't believe how big Dallin is getting. Email soon!!

Meghann said...

Hi Amy! I just started blogging (meggalomania.blogspot.com). Potty training is my LEAST favorite part of being a Mom. If it's any consolation, my second child was MUCH easier than my first- in that aspect. I never used the little training one, I just had them climb onto the real deal. Brave, I know.

thebigcookiefam said...

love your pictures of Emily on the potty! You are such a good patient mom, who would have thought? hope the potty training is going well by now!